Manager, Customer Success - 13333
Remote, United States
The Manager, Customer Success directly defines, manages and delivers on a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy should encompass the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. This role includes the hiring, supervision, management and training of any program allocated Customer Success Managers in becoming experts in the Company’s platform and products and in using their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables.
The Manager of Customer Success proposes recommendations and designs innovative solutions to help optimize customers’ adoption and expansion of BlackLine automation capabilities, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enrich the customer experience. The Manager of Customer Success leverages their BlackLine expertise, their accounting, internal controls, and process improvement expertise, as well as their professional judgment to provide leading practices, insights, and deliverables. These deliverables may include one to many thought leadership, Executive touch points and strategy sessions, and recommendations to accelerate customers’ accounting innovation journey. The Manager, Customer Success will employ effective and repeatable world-class processes and prescriptive touchpoints, including campaigns, coaching, demonstrations, success plans and reviews to nurture extraordinary customer engagement and excitement throughout their BlackLine journey. All facets of the Manager of Customer Success role are designed to drive customers to BlackLine nirvana.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 5+ years customer facing experience (internal or external)
- 5+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 5+ years BlackLine experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Desire to mentor, lead and coach
- Strategic focus with actionable plans
- Ability to adapt to changing priorities, customer needs in high pressure situations with poise, diplomacy and tact.
- Comfort and confidence in dealing with the unknown. An ability to complete the puzzle without the final picture being available for reference.
- Highly process oriented mindset, with an aptitude for dissecting processes and delivering optimized solutions
- Demonstrated value communication skills; succinctly tie customer challenges to actionable solutions that deliver value
- Excellent listening and empathy skills: identify with the customer and want to help solve their business challenges
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Desire to be solution focused
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Demonstrated strong presentation skills including content building and delivery in varied settings (live, recorded, webex, etc)
- Constantly elevate knowledge of BlackLine, current accounting practices, and changes in the industry
- Demonstrated advanced knowledge of BlackLine solutions to optimize processes
- Recognized process improvement skills and ability to architect multiple solutions with limited customer support/documentation
- Previous supervisory or management experience
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Adaptability to changing priorities and customer needs
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
- Ability to travel – 30%, sometimes internationally