BlackLine is looking for a talented Architect to drive our company's SaaS products architecture. You will play a strategic role in designing key components of the Blackline application stack and infrastructure.
The ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of financial applications, systems architecture, software development and cloud computing. You should have a positive attitude and excellent communication skills to effectively share your knowledge.
Roles and Responsibility
- Determine business-driven product needs in collaboration with Product Management
- Own target state of product architecture and a technology roadmap based on functional and non-functional requirements. Develop technical documentation
- Optimize products architectures for performance, availability and scalability
- Architect major aspects of the systems from front- to back-end and interfaces between multiple products
- Develop architectural standards and guidelines and uniformly apply them
- Provide technical leadership to the Engineering and Cloud teams
- Participate in the architecture governance process
- Evaluate and recommend tools, technologies and processes to accelerate product innovation
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 15+ years of hands-on experience in architecture, design and development of enterprise applications and systems integration
Education: BS in Computer Science or a related field.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience in design and implementation of mission-critical financial systems
- Knowledge of architecture and design patterns and the ability to apply them
- Experience with modern microservices architecture
- Highly proficient in programming languages, such as C#/.NET, Java, SQL
- Strong experience in transactional databases design and implementation
- Strong knowledge of cloud computing technologies
- Positive attitude and a strong commitment to delivering quality work.
- Effective communication skills (written and verbal) to properly articulate complicated cloud designs to management and other development partners.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative reasoning skills.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation and communication skills.
- Strong organizational and leadership skills and detail oriented.
- Ability to communicate well with both business owners and technical staff, at all levels.
- Strong intra team and cross functional collaboration skills.
- Extensive experience working with AWS, Azure or GCP
- Experience presenting at conferences or published works
- Experience in the financial services industry
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required.