Director, Global Customer Team Enablement - 13317
Remote, United States
The Director, Global Customer Teams Enablement is responsible for developing and implementing the overall enablement strategy and programs for our Customer Teams globally. The scope of coverage includes Professional Services, Customer Success, and Support. The programs this role will oversee include onboarding of new Customer Team members, ongoing training of existing members and managers, product training for customer teams, targeted training and coaching for underperforming members, and development & management of enablement content and learning management systems. This leader will be supported by learning experience designers as a shared service. This leader will also develop strategy and programs for Customer Team enablement for strategic initiatives.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Design, hire, and manage rapid growth of this enablement team
- Design and manage standard Customer Team onboarding program and standard follow-on onboarding tracks for Services, Customer Success, and Support.
- Serve as the Customer Team Enablement leader in managing the rollout of key strategic initiatives in alignment and collaboration with other GTM teams (e.g Global Training & Education, Strategic Alliances, Global Services COE/PMO, GTM Initiatives)
- Partner with Chief Customer Officer and Customer Team Leadership to plan and execute on the annual Customer Team Kickoff (CTKO) and other key events throughout the year. Ensure alignment of GTM enablement activities with key internal and external events
- Manage enablement for customers teams through orientation to appropriate professional services, customer success, and support processes; developing individual coaching plans; providing resources and assistance to help enablement of these professionals.
- Improve training effectiveness by developing new approaches and techniques; making support readily available; integrating support with routine job functions.
- Drive development, training, and adoption of GTME processes to ensure scalability in BlackLine’s dynamic, high growth environment.
- Understand Services, Customer Success, Support, and their management needs and develop training and education assets to enable the customer-facing teams to accelerate ramping (time to revenue) and beat the competition.
- Interface with Services, Customer Success, and Support senior leaders. Drive enablement alignment with their team needs.
- Foster and lead a culture of continuous improvement.
- Provide program and project oversight and guide development of methodology, processes, and best practices to streamline and improve GTM enablement.
- Measure and report on the effectiveness of enablement programs and initiatives.
- Develop individual results by maintaining policy and procedure resources, providing coaching, conducting training sessions, and developing outcome improvement resources.
- Support training financial objectives by recommending budget items and controlling costs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years of customer teams training/enablement experience with an enterprise Cloud applications provider. Experience serving customers teams delivering software products or services.
Education: Bachelor’s degree or the equivalence in work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proficient with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Project).
- Working knowledge of Learning Management Systems (LMS)
- Familiarity with Salesforce, Financial Force, Gainsight
- Excellent cross-functional leadership skills and the ability to initiate and build relationships with people in an open, friendly, and accepting manner.
- Accessible to subordinates, peers, and superiors for constructive feedback.
- Ability to translate concepts, summarize, and communicate complex ideas, and clearly articulate business value with a good sense of how sales and GTM professionals think, operate, and absorb training.
- Adaptable and able to adjust to multiple demands, shifting priorities, ambiguity and rapid change. Able to prioritize these demands and gain buy-in or direction with sales and GTM stakeholders.
- Ability to articulate program objectives, deliverables, timelines, and “what good looks like” to team members and stakeholder SMEs.
- Excellent ability to command a classroom of Customer Teams or Managers, both live and in a virtual training environment.
- Ability to develop strategic plans and gain buy-in from stakeholder leaders.
- Executive presence to effectively inspire and influence GTM executives and influencers.
- Experience with multiple learning methodologies to effectively deliver the right content to the right audience at the right time.
- Ability to understand the strategic direction and goals of the GTM teams and support appropriate processes to facilitate achievement of business objectives.
- Services, Customer Success, and/or Support team training/enablement experience
- Bachelor’s or Master’s degree in Learning & Development or Organizational Behavior
- Experience with enablement related to financial applications is highly preferred.
- Experience with Docebo or other learning management system (LMS)
- Understanding of accounting and finance concepts and terminology
- Knowledge of and experience applying Adult Learning Principles in corporate learning
Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands required. May require occasional travel.