Strategic Account Executive - 13314
Remote, United States
BlackLine is seeking an energetic, self-starting, entrepreneurial Strategic Sales Executive. The BlackLine Strategic Sales Executive will be responsible for generating BlackLine’s most strategic accounts. Through a strategic approach, this individual will establish sales priorities, action plans and deliver/exceed on sales goals. This person will be assigned accounts to target and market BlackLine’s solutions in order to secure new subscription business in our Software-as-a-Service(SAAS) business model. They will develop high value relationships with key stakeholders and will be responsible for negotiating and managing large contracts. They will work on bringing in new large strategic accounts (i.e. Fortune 500 and Large Privately-held organizations, too).
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Utilize networking and prospecting skills to generate leads and identify strategic solution-based sales opportunities.
- Develop and manage high-value relationships with key stakeholders.
- Have a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Provide leadership and guidance to other team members on enterprise accounts and participate in providing input on sales and marketing collateral.
- Own entire sales process from prospecting to closing business.
- Coordinate and lead responses to RFIs/RFPs/RFQs.
- Present BlackLine’s proposals in a professional manner to prospects.
- Provide feedback to management and Marketing teams on prospects reactions and questions about BlackLine’s solutions.
- Collaborate with other BlackLine teams including pre-sales, product, value engineering, operations, finance, marketing, and legal.
- Travel to cultivate relationships with customers, partners, and related associations.
- Ensures opportunities are accurately reflected and maintained in Salesforce, providing weekly updates, monthly projections and quarterly committed forecasts of sales activity and volume to BlackLine NA Sales management team.
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis
- Collaborating with and leveraging Marketing & Business Development to maximize revenue production
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of experience selling complex enterprise cloud software, working with large high-profile accounts
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, IT, Finance or MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits “hunter” mentality and possesses outstanding ability to close sales.
- Proven record and strong capability to generate leads, pursue opportunities and sell.
- Experience selling business applications to business users - ERP, CRM, HCM solution knowledge
- Strong background or experience selling to the CFO buying center is a big plus.
- Experience with comprehensive account planning, relationship mapping, and business strategy mapping following sales methodologies like Target Account Selling or similar
- Possesses strong sensibility for technology.
- Ability to solve customer-related problems in a positive manner.
- Strong in consultative and insight-based selling.
- Experience articulating complex solutions to decision makers and executives.
- Proven ability to grow revenue and manage accounts
- Knowledge of Cloud SaaS industry
- Experience analyzing data trends
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS industry, accounting background a bonus
- Proven, award-winning, closer of the largest companies globally
- Independent personality, detail-oriented, clear communicator, and knows and meets deadlines inside of BlackLine as well as with/for our clientele