Senior Systems Engineer - 13265
Remote, United States
The Senior Systems Engineer will build and maintain tools, applications and services supporting the BlackLine SaaS application and internal teams. A successful candidate must possess solid critical thinking skills and have experience supporting large server farms, 24x7 High Availability mission-critical traffic-intensive web infrastructures and be familiar with container technologies. Large SaaS experience is very desirable.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Ensure 99.99%+ availability of the services and infrastructure that spans across multiple global datacenters in private and public clouds.
- Provide support for Active Directory.
- Build systems and perform necessary tasks to deliver against committed project timelines.
- Desire to automate everything.
- Maintain documentation and operational knowledge base.
- Adhere to the change management and other established processes and procedures.
- Respond to and troubleshoot incidents. Conduct root cause analyses.
- Evaluate and analyze systems, performance, issues and metrics in order to provide recommendations for continuous improvements.
- Participate in a scheduled 24/7 on-call rotation for second tier support escalations.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5+ years experience designing, deploying, and managing Active Directory.
- Advanced knowledge of ADFS, ADDS, ADCS, LDAP, SSO/SAML and Group Policy management.
- Experience in hybrid cloud and/or multi-cloud environments (GCP, Azure, AWS)
- Experience administering and supporting Windows and Linux servers.
- Background in infrastructure automation using Powershell or other scripting languages.
- Experience with DNS, DHCP, and Networking.
- Knowledge of server virtualization products such as VMWare, Hyper-V.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Configuration Management tools (Puppet, Chef, Salt, Ansible)
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.