GVP, Mid-Market - 13247
Remote, United States
The Geo Vice President is responsible for managing multiple RVPs and sales teams that focus on selling BlackLine’s products in North America to Controllers & CFOs of corporations with annual revenue less than $750MM.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage the performance of a team of RVPs and other Sales Executives.
- Manage day to day strategy and activities of regional sales teams while providing leadership and management oversight for a regional sales budget.
- Coach, mentor, guide and develop account executives and multiple sales leaders.
- Enable and re-enforce value based selling methodology focused on customer satisfaction and adoption
- Ensure sales processes are deployed and measured via SalesForce.
- Achieve annual, quarterly and monthly sales targets on a consistent basis and ensure proper value selling approaches are used.
- Manage individual team(s) and regional pipeline to ensure creation and retirement of said pipeline
- Increase leading Financial Close Management vendor market share by establishing effective sales strategies and methods that result in new account business generation.
- Monitor and Update sales business plans on a weekly basis to optimize sales results.
- Work closely with other departments and support staff to assist with coordination of RFPs, BDRs, demos, legal contracts and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction.
- Drive Customer Retention strategy to deliver customer delight
- Hire and retain a full and growing team of leaders and individual contributors
- Utilize sales enablement for the further training and development of staff.
- Provide mentorship roles to future leaders and current leaders.
- Ability to diagnose an issue, seek feedback and provide swift action to handle issues as they arise
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4+ years of Management Experience, 8+ years of sales experience
Education: Undergraduate Degree, MBA a plus
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with selling SaaS software contracts
- Revenue Recognition Knowledge and Application
- Align with C-Level Decision Makers and drive relationships to support business goals and customer goals
- Great communication and problem solving skills
- Ability to operate in fast paced environment with a focus on attention to detail
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing aregional territory is required.
- Ability to be a knowledgeable adviser to clients and prospects with a well-developed consultative selling style.
- Proven history of meeting quota consistently along with a strong background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance Departments preferred.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Must be able to travel up to 50% of the time.
- All sales professionals are required to adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism.
- Minimum of 8 years’ sales experience
- Proven track record of exceeding goals in past companies
- Influencing and change management skills
- Superior communication and interpersonal skills
- Excellent presentation, lead qualification and client relationship skills
- Capability to interact on C-Level
- Previous experience in managing a successful sales team
- Prior accounting software or SaaS sales experience highly preferred.
Must be able to travel up to 15-25% of the time