Director, Strategic Product Programs - 13246
, United Kingdom
This role is a unique opportunity to play a vital role in an incredibly fast-growing BlackLine business segment. The ideal candidate must have creative marketing ideas to combine with extensive analytic and data-driven awareness building and demand generation experience. The ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the BlackLine audiences is critical. You should be detail-oriented and organized, capable of handling multiple projects at once, and comfortable dealing with ambiguity and rapidly changing priorities. A solid understanding of cloud architecture and the cloud landscape is critical to this role.
As the Director, Strategic Product Programs, you will report to the VP, Global Program Marketing. In addition, you will work as a primary marketing contact for select strategic products. You will collaborate globally with other BlackLine field marketing teams, digital teams, and shared services to influence, plan, coordinate execution, build awareness, and drive demand for BlackLine’s strategic products.
Marketing planning and execution: At the direction of the VP, Global Program Marketing, you will own the building, implementation, measurement, and reporting of the Global marketing plan for BlackLine’s strategic products. You will need to understand BlackLine’s business priorities, go-to-market strategies, and business plans. You will align with BlackLine’s cross-functional teams and execute the Global joint marketing plan with precision.
Messaging and Content Development: You will partner with BlackLine Product Marketing and critical stakeholders to develop joint value proposition and solution messaging for relevant global audiences to develop content for utilization across all marketing channels. This core content will be shared with all global field marketing teams for regional localization as needed.
Marketing Engagement: Working across different marketing channels, you will execute thought leadership initiatives, market awareness activities through digital marketing and events and drive demand generation campaigns and programs to accelerate sales. You will build campaigns and programs that can be shared and replicated globally.
Measurement, tracking, and reporting: By gathering and utilizing available data, analyzing trends over time, and performing deep-dive analysis into specific KPIs, you will develop tactical plans supporting the overall go-to-market strategy by understanding the underlying influences. In addition, you will create dashboards to track campaign and program effectiveness, ROI performance, and predictive analytics and proactively communicate business and performance results to all key stakeholders.
- Create a comprehensive marketing plan for identified strategic products to meet awareness, lead, opportunity and created pipeline targets and objectives.
- Coordinate with shared services and regional marketing teams to create, plan, manage, and execute campaigns for use by other marketing segments.
- Budget oversight for the strategic products programs, including determining spend by channel, tracking spend versus budget, and maximizing ROI.
- Creating messaging strategy and acting as the “voice of the customer.”
- Working with the Corporate & Product Marketing teams to determine overall content calendar to support campaigns and other needs.
- Coordinate with Business Development Reps (BDRs) and Sales on Campaign activity and proper messaging.
- Track and report results.
- Participate in weekly and quarterly marketing and pipeline analysis meetings.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of marketing experience in a Business-to-business (B2B) environment, high-tech products/services required. 10+ years of SaaS marketing experience, working knowledge of SaaS product offering and go-to-market channels
Education: Bachelor’s degree in business, marketing, or relevant field of study
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of best practices in digital marketing, marketing operations functions, project management tool (i.e, Wrike) and demand generation best practices.
- Hands on experience with marketing and CRM tools such as SFDC, Marketo, etc.
- Self-motivated and able to work efficiently in a fast-paced environment while adhering to project timelines
- Must possess strong cross-group collaboration, creative thinking, problem-solving skills and have a bias for action
- Project management skills with experience gaining consensus and driving deliverables
- Organized and detail-oriented with an ability to transform concepts into actionable plans.
- Demonstrated success in marketing roles that are field-facing
- Experience developing content marketing programs aligned to target solution segments and industries with demonstrated ability to create compelling thought leadership content
- Proven success working with sales leaders in driving pipeline and revenue
- Knowledge of cloud-based services
Ability to work in an office or remote.
Ability to support global time zones