Sales Executive - 13215
The Enterprise Sales Executive is responsible for the entire sales process from prospecting to closing business. This role is selling BlackLine’s products to Controllers & CFOs of large corporations with annual revenue greater than $750 million. The Sales Executive is assigned an account list to manage, develop and market BlackLine’s solutions to secure new business in our Software-as-a-Service business model. Working in collaboration with sales leadership and the sales operations team, the Sales Executive engages with VP, Sr. VP and C-level contacts within prospective customers developing relationships and closing business at or above expected and assigned levels per period.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Generating pipeline that leads to closed revenue and quota attainment
- Selling on value and return on investment vs. technical functionality
- Building credibility and trust while influencing buying decisions
- Uncovering business initiatives and pain points to map back our solutions across multiple lines of business
- Building account strategy and territory plan by account tiering
- Collaborating with and leveraging Marketing & Business Development to maximize revenue production
- Creating demand by uncovering business problems and matching them to our value proposition
- Having a deep understanding of the way businesses operate, and the priorities that drive decisions from the C-level
- Collaborate with other BlackLine teams including pre-sales, value engineering, product, operations, and legal.
- Ensures opportunities are accurately reflected and maintained in Salesforce
- Achieve annual sales targets and average monthly revenue quotas on a consistent basis
- Perform all required training in a timely fashion.
- Willingness to be a helpful teammate within your sales team and the greater BL team.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years of experience successfully selling Enterprise software deals 7+ years SaaS specific
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Business, Accounting, Economics, IT, Finance or MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exhibits “hunter” mentality and possesses outstanding ability to close sales.
- People-oriented professional with strong relationship building skills and a proven track record of growing a territory
- Account planning and execution skills
- History of successfully selling C-Level and across both IT and business units
- Strong technical aptitude
- A proven track record of driving and closing enterprise deals
- Consistent overachievement of quota and revenue goals
- Strong time management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proven consultative sales solution skills, including the ability to articulate a clear, concise return on investment value statement
- Ability to maintain a high level of productivity, manage multiple competing priorities, and work effectively under the pressure of time constraints in a fast-paced, complex, collaborative, and team-oriented environment
- Ability to adapt in a changing environment with a rapidly growing SaaS organization
- Adhere to the highest standards of integrity and professionalism
- Ability to listen and apply new learnings from your manager and teammates
- Willingness to travel up to 50 percent of the time.
- Experience selling SaaS software to large corporations
- Knowledge of cloud SaaS industry, accounting background a bonus
- Independent work ethic with a strong ability to communicate often to/with the RVP
- Clear understanding of a team-based sale, utilizing strong networking skills
- Proven record of expertise in closing net new opportunities.