Director, Services and Site Leader - 13201
The Director, Services - Romania is a key person with responsibility for growing BlackLine’s offshoring center based in Romania. This role has direct responsibility for leading the professional services in the region as well as providing broad site leadership for support, success, and customer technology. The site leader will be integral to enhancing our overall customer experience initiatives in the EMEA region. This role also ensures that BlackLine Romania is closely aligned with BlackLine’s Global Customer Team strategy. Additionally, this role is responsible for the overall day-to-day health of the Romania site, and may include some office manager responsibilities as we scale.
This individual is accountable for all country operations in Romania and supporting all BlackLine Romania related initiatives. This position communicates with EMEA GTM leadership, customers, and local business community.
- Act as the point person for the Romanian site strategy. Partner with key leaders at BlackLine to create and execute on a successful short and long-term strategy for the Romanian market and our customer needs.
- Provide oversight to ensure BlackLine’s customers are treated well throughout the entire customer lifecycle, from evaluation to purchase to implementation to support/hyper-care.
- Act as the key escalation point of contact for customers in the time zone. Acts as the extension of the BlackLine leadership team.
- Monitor and support leaders to achieve Professional Services KPIs (time to value, utilization targets, customer satisfaction, quality of delivery, etc).
- Optimize the team for operational excellence aligned to the other customer teams to create an integrated, exceptional customer experience.
- Prepare the implementation team to handle larger more complex customer deployments in addition to maximizing efficiency for the low end, less complex deployments.
- Act as the final regional escalation point for project escalations and provides expertise on defining recovery plans for consulting deliverables
- Align with Partner ecosystem to develop a high quality and scalable service offerings that embrace our delivery methodology and enhance our delivery capacity.
- Meet organizational goals and manage to customer satisfaction, time to go-live, revenue/expense targets, and utilization.
- Lead regional hiring decisions and leadership to ensure customer experiences are designed to achieve not just short-term targets, but also a long-term goal for a strong, established, sustainable business.
- The Site Leader of Romania is a hands-on leader who contributes as an individual, fills in gaps where necessary, and does anything that can be done to make BlackLine successful.
- Champion the BlackLine culture to ensure the Romanian site acts as an extension of the BlackLine organization for consistent global alignment.
- Act as point of contact for the Romanian office; handle (urgent) incoming hard-copy mail and take necessary actions if needed.
- Align with HR and Office Management (located in The Netherlands) on activities for new hires.
- Act as intermediary and translator for external parties with activities around and about the office like the health and safety service.
- Make sure that mandatory obligations for employees, that needs to be fulfilled on site, are followed such as keeping track and record the attendance sheet for the Romanian team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Managerial Responsibility (if applicable)
- Directly leads a team of professional services team members, but also provides guidance for support, success, and customer experience team members.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of experience in a leadership role supporting customer facing teams, a majority of which is in professional services role.
Education: Bachelor’s degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Extensive experience of ERP and/or Financial systems deployments
- SaaS industry experience/understanding of the SaaS ecosystem
- Multi-lingual (English fluency, with at least one additional local language)
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to tailor messaging to the appropriate audience
- Strong professional presence, with ability to interact with senior executives
- Effective problem-solving skills
- Strong leadership abilities to motivate and manage a team of manager(s) and individual contributors at multiple levels within an organization
- Team player who can collaborate across organization with willingness to be hands-on to assist when needed
- Effective decision-making skills
- Ability to navigate competing priorities in a pragmatic manner
- Excellent analytical and quantitative skills
- Excellent business acumen with a track record of executing in an operational role
- Comfort working with limited structure in a largely self-directed role
- Excellent client relationship management skills, and ability to play a trusted advisor to C- level customer executives to execute an implementation plan that works towards a rapid, successful go live
- Previous experience leading large teams (40-50 individuals in remit)
- Experience working for a global organization, where HQ is US-based
- Up to 30% travel
- This is an office-based, professional position