Content Marketing Manager - 13195
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility. We are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders worldwide to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and always seek new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
BlackLine is looking for our next Content Marketing Manager covering the DACH region. With the end goal of driving key engagement and awareness in the region, this position will be responsible for researching, conceptualising, and writing valuable demand gen content that will attract, engage, and convert. This individual must have a passion for writing and content creation, with a keen interest in presenting business and technology information with a fresh, smart perspective. Join BlackLine and help us shape Accounting and Finance to evolve at the speed of business!
What you'll be doing
As Content Marketing Manager you'll be expected to hold the following responsibilities:
- Focus on SEO-driven content and follow content marketing best practices to continuously improve the BlackLine.com digital experience.
- Proficient content writer for the BlackLine blog, with the ability to identify and interview internal and external subject matter experts, craft concise copy, and develop new story ideas to drive traffic and influence conversions.
- Write landing pages for content assets and promotions, with an eye for continuous optimization and interest in A/B testing to refine key messages that resonate with our target audiences
- Edit the content of others for clarity, quality and to ensure it maintains agreed style and tone
- Partner with Product Marketing to prioritise and project manage the translation of existing relevant content into German.
- Interview customers for valuable insights and local case study development.
- Engages daily with the Digital, Web, and Demand Gen teams to ensure content is optimized for performance.
- Work closely with external agencies on the SEO content strategy and the Content Marketing team on the blog editorial calendar.
- Provide writing resource coverage for top-of-funnel and thought leadership assets, including infographics, eBooks, tips & tricks, lists, and more.
- Support the Global Programs team with email writing, including nurture series, ABM series, and webinar/event promotions as needed.
What you'll bring
Minimum 3 years of relevant experience in content marketing or writing experience for B2B technology companies, agencies, or journalistic outlets
Bachelor's degree in Journalism, Communications, or related field
Exceptional writing skills catering to an executive and mid-level management audience. Don't follow the crowd, be creative with your content to stand us out
It's not a big problem if you don't have Accounting and Finance experience, but you'll need to demonstrate a genuine passion and interest in the industry and a proven ability to simplify the seemingly complex
Experience executing on SEO strategies as part of content development; understands best practices relating to on-page and off-page SEO, internal and external linking structure, as well as site architecture; experience with Google Analytics or other platforms for measuring content efficacy
Proven experience writing research-backed thought leadership content, preferably to an accounting and finance audience
Working with cross-functional marketing teams in a complex organization, such as Product Marketing, Programs, Client Marketing, Demand Gen, Digital, or Web
Experience working in content operations or project management platforms (Kapost, Wrike)
Experience authoring and publishing content in a CMS (Prismic)
Experience working with external digital or content marketing agencies
Interest in content performance and content intelligence, with the ability to monitor KPIs and content metrics on an ongoing basis and make sound business recommendations to continuously improve content consumption
Fluent in British English language and grammar
Education: Bachelor's degree in Journalism, English, Marketing, or equivalent experience