HR Strategic Talent Leader - 13182
Build out the Human Resources function in the APAC and Japan region as we grow. Build relationships with regional business leaders, cross functional leaders and cross department leaders around the globe to effectively develop, implement, and streamline harmonized People programs which also consider the unique requirements and regulations of each country in the APAC and Japan region. Manages and performs HR professional operational duties working closely with globally with HR Business Partner Team regional leaders.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Lead and/or contribute to strategic workforce planning, project based business initiatives and global HR programs such as organization design, site selection/expansion, due diligence and/or related integration.
- Drive cyclical programs across region such as continuous performance management, annual performance and compensation review processes, global engagement pulse surveys and action planning, annual budget planning, etc.
- Responsible for the development, consistent implementation and oversight of employee related policies and handbooks. Ensure compliance with all company and legal/regulatory requirements.
- Collaborate with global peers to ensure processes and procedures are in place and well executed for best practice corporate governance and compliance across our operations. Develop or review HR policies and handbooks, procedures and processes, and manage employee relations as necessary. Ensure compliance with human resource policies, aligned with applicable employment laws and regulations. Set up new legal structures as applicable.
- Forecast and develop workforce plans for key staffing. Develop and implement proactive, innovative and effective talent acquisition strategies to attract qualified talent to support short and long-term staffing requirements that deliver business growth in the region.
- Manage and carry out full cycle recruitment process for talent needs in region.
- Implement strategies to continuously develop an effective pipeline of qualified and experienced talent potentially available for immediate hire as recruiting plan needs dictate.
- Partner with Talent Acquisition, People Success, Talent Development, employment counsel and other cross functional teams to ensure global alignment of processes and initiatives that deliver a positive new employee onboarding experience. Ensures rapid on-boarding of new employees to get them excited, engaged and productive as soon as possible
- Partner with Total Rewards team to shape their understanding of in market trends impacting compensation and benefits in the region to support competitive evaluation of benchmark data for all new and existing positions and benefit programs.
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with senior managers and executives, providing guidance on Human Resource issues where needed.
- Partner with region leaders to build organizational succession plans and supporting individual development plans.
- Foster employee engagement, oversee and participate in ongoing employee initiatives.
- Develop, facilitate, and lead change efforts and communication strategies related to business initiatives and/or HR programs
- Collaborate with operational leaders in the development of a more empowered and accountable culture with shared priorities for a positive work environment.
- Provide guidance to people managers with goal setting, salary adjustments, progressive discipline, terminations and general employee matters.
- Carry out Human Resource operations activities including but not limited to developing and drafting job descriptions, offers of employment, and related agreements; maintaining thorough and compliant employee records and current data in HRIS; guiding and transacting employee lifecycle activities; responding to audit requests; and conducting employee exit interviews/processing terminations.
- May serve as the company Human Resource representative with external agencies regarding employee related activities and concerns.
Years of Experience in Related Field: Accomplished Human Resources leader with 8 - 10 years of progressive experience in Human Resources and a minimum of seven years human resources leadership, five years senior leadership experience.
Education: Requires a university degree or its equivalent in Human Resources, Business or related field.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Comprehensive knowledge in employment, employee relations practices and principles, and current laws impacting human resources and payroll compliance (staffing, wage and hour, benefits, leaves of absence, health and safety, etc.) for APAC countries.
- Fluent in English (written and spoken) with effective and articulate cross cultural communication skills. Strong interpersonal effectiveness working with all levels of the organization.
- Experience with mergers and acquisitions, due diligence to integration.
- Ability to apply change management principles to assist in business transformation. Effectively copes with change and ambiguity; Comfortably able to adapt and respond to the changing demands of a fast paced, high growth environment without having the total picture, confidently handles risk and uncertainty.
- Leverages knowledge of project management fundamentals to organize, prioritize and time manage work with keen attention to detail and accuracy in presentation of information.
- Enjoys working hard and is oriented toward action. Is not fearful of acting with minimal planning when the circumstances call for it
- Foundational knowledge and experience with continuous improvement and efficiency initiatives. Experienced with and able to design, harmonize and implement global business processes and/or business process changes with attention to regional needs.
- Astute at navigating and influencing in matrix organizational structures.
- Able to distinguish the need and deliver either consultative or hands-on in problem solving support in managing complex employee relations matters, workforce plans, and organizational design/structure
- Ability to build trusting employee relationships. Demonstrated ability and success in building credible, partnering relationships with business leaders, effective at leading through influence
- Flexibility in dealing with a variety of business partners, situations and requirements while remaining calm under the pressure of multiple projects and demands
- Effectively collaborates and engages stakeholders in difficult discussion, leading positively through challenges with a can do attitude
- Possesses a propensity and ability to turn obstacles into challenges and motivate and inspire those they work with to keep morale and productivity high
- Ability to maintain a high level of confidentiality
- Ability to think and operate strategically and tactically.
- High degree of proficiency with Microsoft Office applications. Experience with HRIS, and ATS platforms (SuccessFactors is a plus)
- Experience working for a US parent company a plus.
- Experience working in a SaaS company and knowledge of Tech industry is also a plus
Hybrid office and work from home environment. Up to 25% travel.