Payroll Specialist - 13176
Woodland Hills, United States
The Payroll Specialist is responsible for managing the complete lifecycle payroll for the US and Canada processing while ensuring compliance with all Federal, State and other regulatory obligations.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Administers payroll and daily aspects of pay programs to help ensure legal compliance and consistency in compensation administration.
- Reports, reconciles, and publishes payroll and compensation data in accordance with best practices and as directed by the Controller.
- Advises managers and employees on the main pay provisions of the FLSA for all overtime policies on other types of premium pay (e.g., shift differential, holiday and Sunday pay), and pay policies as related to various types of leave usage (e.g., annual, sick, court and military leave), as appropriate.
- Answers manager and employee questions about current policies and procedures.
- Oversee the integrity of all payroll data input into payroll systems.
- Review timecards in timekeeping system for accuracy, process changes to employee information, download timecard data into Workforce Now, audit batch information and ensure timely execution of data for processing.
- Ensure accuracy of payroll deductions such as 401(K) deferrals, health benefits and FSA deductions, reimbursements, etc.
- Liaise with ADP to troubleshoot problems and provide solutions.
- Ensure the accuracy of all system generated direct deposits and checks, including the computation and calculation of special and off-cycle checks for final termination pay, etc.
- Ensure payroll reporting and payments are compliant with company policy, generally accepted accounting principles, Federal, State and other necessary regulatory agencies and other requirements.
- Prepare periodic reports for Accounting, HR and other management personnel.
- Prepare and review quarterly payroll tax returns.
- Review wage and garnishment orders.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3 years of related payroll experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Working knowledge of payroll audit procedures and payroll tax laws.
- Must be extremely detailed oriented with excellent analytical and organization skills.
- Ability to handle Company and employee information with the strictest confidence.
- Ability to manage multiple priorities and meet strict deadlines.
- Self-motivated and directed.
- Well-developed problem solving skills and ability to work independently to resolve issues.
- Excellent communication (oral and written), interpersonal and customer service skills and the demonstrated ability to interact with management and employees at all levels.
- Highly Proficient in Microsoft Office applications with intermediate to advanced Excel skills.
- Experience working for an international/global organization
- ADP experience preferable
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.