The Customer Success Manager (CSM) strategizes on and delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSM uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. These prescriptive touchpoints include campaigns, coaching, demonstrations, success plans and reviews to nurture extraordinary customer engagement and excitement throughout their entire BlackLine journey. Duties and Responsibilities:
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s) as it relates to assigned customers.
- Perform territory planning to proactively determine the appropriate customer success activities and events needed to improve license and product adoption, prevent churn and attrition and enhance customer advocacy .
- Own customer relationship for entire BlackLine journey after initial contract execution.
- Answer clients’ platform, product and domain questions within the defined customer success program criteria and timeframes.
- Perform Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process.
- Work as a team with sales executives and other departments on strategic account planning focused on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to attain product and license expansion and adoption optimization goals.
- Perform effective customer demonstrations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, coaching activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Lead client discovery sessions on account expansion and product adoption whitespace, and coordinate requirements definition with internal teams to obtain and issue client statements of work for new implementation projects.
- Be able to address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Identify and report on “at-risk” clients, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
- Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Assist in BlackLine Community as a Moderator.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, sharing best practices and coordinating across internal teams.
- Outstanding analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with clients and other team members, while identifying and assessing client opportunity and risk.
- Assist customers both large and small and know how/why to manage them differently.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, prioritizing and adjusting to multiple and varying tasks daily.
- Ability to exercise independent discernment for issue identification and creative resolutions.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness and good judgment.
- Effective presentation skills with ability to deliver clear and concise messages both internally and with clients.
- Strong ability to understand, match and recommend product functionality to the clients’ business needs
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus.
- Domain expertise - 3+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- Bachelor’s degree
- Travel may be required
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
- 2+ years BlackLine experience
- 2+ years in a customer-facing role