Senior Financial Reporting Accountant - 13097
Woodland Hills, United States
The Senior Financial Reporting Accountant prepares financial statements, footnotes, and analysis for internal and external users, supports the annual financial statement audit, performs technical accounting research, and handles complex accounting, ad-hoc and special projects as needed.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Prepare disclosures for quarterly and annual SEC financial filings, earnings releases, investor supplemental reports, proxy statements, and other external financial reporting, including complete tie-out procedures to ensure completeness and accuracy of reported information;
- Draft the consolidated Statement of Cash flows, Statement of Shareholder’s Equity and prepare the related disclosure checklists;
- Perform technical accounting research, assist in the preparation of accounting position white papers within a broad range of topics, including leases, business combinations, stock-based compensation, revenue, new accounting pronouncements and SEC financial reporting updates;
- Prepare leasing and stock-based compensation journal entries;
- Maintain internal controls and assist in the documentation and evaluation of financial and business processes in support of the company’s SOX compliance requirements.
- Assist internal and external auditors in the conduct of the annual integrated audit including quarterly reviews;
- Research, resolve and communicate findings on accounting and financial reporting related questions regarding business transactions and other non-routine matters;
- Provide accounting support to various business partners across the organization;
- Participate in other projects and ad hoc analyses and reports as required.
- Years of Experience in Related Field: 3+ years of financial reporting experience, including public company reporting experience. A mix of public accounting (specifically, auditing) and industry experience preferred.
Education: BA in business, accounting, finance, or related field
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- CPA license required
- Solid knowledge of US GAAP and SEC reporting requirements
- Strong analytical, organizational, and problem-solving skills
- Strong attention to detail and ability to execute and follow through to completion and documentation
- Ability to learn quickly in a fast-paced environment and work effectively under time pressure while managing to tight deadlines
- Ability to work proactively and independently and collaboratively as a team contributor
- Intermediate proficiency in Excel, including with large volumes of data and must be proficient with advanced functions
- Wdesk, NetSuite and Fidelity Stock Plan Services experience a plus
- Strong interest in continuously improving the automation of the accounting and reporting process
Working ConditionsOffice environment (currently work from home with option to work onsite as conditions permit)