Senior Software QA Engineer - 13082
Woodland Hills, United States
BlackLine is seeking a Senior Software QA to join our Enterprise Applications team, with a focus on quality assurance testing and frameworks. We are looking for a highly-motivated self-starter who is extremely analytical, is an independent and critical thinker, enjoys people, and is dynamic enough to learn and support a variety of business functions.
As a Senior Software QA Engineer you will test web and Salesforce based applications in an agile software development environment. You will work with other QA member, Developers, Product managers, and System integrators to develop, maintain, and execute quality assurance testing procedures, frameworks, and best practices.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Review requirements and product specifications and provide helpful feedback.
- Author high quality test plans and test cases.
- Execute test scripts and manual tests, record results and generate test reports.
- Identify and document functionality, usability and performance errors in the issue tracking system.
- Help developers to reproduce and debug issues if necessary.
- Recreate reported defects in testing environments and verify if issues are fixed.
- Ability to understand technical specifications and analyze log files.
- Communicate issues and status to team and management.
- Automate test cases and add to the test automation framework.
- API Experience (SOAP, REST), Multiple data formats (JSON, XML)
- Mobile Testing experience is a plus.
- Experience with source control systems like GitHub.
- Build tools to improve the testing process.
- Other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years of relevant experience in Software Quality assurance
Education: Bachelor’s degree is desired.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience with test Automation tools, Selenium WebDriver preferred.
- Familiarity with Smartsheet, Jira, Confluence, and SharePoint
- Experience with both agile and waterfall methodologies
- Ability to effectively communicate, present and articulate strategies across various internal audiences and across all levels of the organization
- Organized, detail oriented and self-motivated
- Ability to pick up on new processes and systems quickly
- Experience with CRM products such as SalesForce (CPQ a big plus)
- Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc.)
- Standard office conditions