Senior Strategic Innovation Manager - 13079
Remote, United States
The Senior Strategic Innovation Manager supports customers via a program strategy specifically designed to expand customers’ vision for accounting innovation, optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The Strategic Innovation Manager uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide leading practice deliverables. These deliverables include consulting, process transformations, Executive touch points, Business Reviews, and analysis of the progress for their accounting innovation journey as required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
· Perform effective process transformations using the customers data to show the art of the possible and to help customers drive accelerated value from BlackLine solutions.
· Document process transformation use cases in a way that allows for their use throughout BlackLine.
· Deliver on strategy specifically designed for the success of strategic accounts.
· Answer customers’ questions to facilitate their successful accounting innovation journey
· Educate customers on how existing and new platform features and functionality work, and how it can contribute to their business objectives
· Perform activities to ensure BlackLine understands the corporate goals and objectives of customers and any challenges they may be facing. Ascertain how BlackLine may be able to help
· Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire client lifecycle, including their renewal process
· Work as a team with Strategic Account Managers and other departments on strategic account planning focused on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk
· Deliver actionable advice and expertise to customers regarding the using BlackLine’s solutions as a foundational technology supporting their accounting innovation journey
· Journey Assessments, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, consulting activities and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits
· Facilitate accounting innovation workshops to share the art of the possible with Blackline
· Be able to address customers’ activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide leading practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes
· Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use
· Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn
· Identify and report on “at-risk” customers, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful transition to a healthy status
· Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
· Provide feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications
· Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve the customer experience.
· Provide BlackLine leading practices, use case scenarios and customer stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other customers with expanded use of BlackLine
· Assist with the provision of customer references
· Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Customer Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events
· Log customer communications and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned
· Show passion for BlackLine and the desire to enhance customer satisfaction
· Other duties as assigned
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 8+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 6+ years customer facing experience (internal or external)
- 2+ years BlackLine experience
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise, diplomacy and tact.
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening and empathy skills: you identify with the customer and want to help solve their problem
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Demonstrate strong presentation skills with a natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Updated knowledge of current accounting practices and changes in the industry
- Demonstrated advanced strategic knowledge of BlackLine solutions
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- Prioritization and time management skills
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
Ability to travel – 50% , sometimes internationally