The SAP Engineer is responsible for the debugging, testing, providing support, training and providing solutions of SAP and BlackLine application related issues to our customers and our support technical team. You will be the team SAP Expert and your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Serves as an ABAP expert on ECC and S/4 HANA / Badi / Transport and PAT file / FICO, sharing knowledge cross-functionally with the engineers and product managers
- Collaborates with QA, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that roadmap items related to reduction of recurring types of issues are taken into planning.
- Partners with leadership, peers, and other teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the whatand how of Quality within BlackLine.
- Coordinates with product owners and/or technical staff to define valuable business functions to existing applications and break down large-scale topics based on trends of customer incidents or needs.
- Trains and acts as knowledge expert for the Client Support
- Documents client issue and process of resolution in appropriate systems for record keeping purposes.
- Performs other duties as assigned with the focus on decreasing the customer incidents.
Years of Experience in Related Field:
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Math, Computer Science, or in the Finance or Accounting field
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 5 years or more experience on Functional knowledge in FI (Financial Accounting) and CO (Controlling) including customizing, and Asset Management
- 3 years or more of hands-on experience in SAP testing
- 3 years or more of experience with ABAP for ECC and S/4 Hana programming
- Working knowledge and experience with SAP setup of test environments and data
- Working knowledge and experience with the range of quality concepts and best practices (e.g. black, white, and gray-box testing; performance; bug-tracking, etc.)
- Knowledge about SAP Core Data Services (ABAP CDS) and Odata services
- Knowledge of SAP Basis components (t)(q)RFC/ICM/WebService
- Excellent diagnostic and problem-solving skills
- Ability to work well across multiple disciplines and levels of the organization, such as engineers, product owners, support, and development managers
- Strong communication skills (verbal and written).
- Prior working experience in Agile, specifically SCRUM
- Experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing