Staff Software Engineer - 13062
, United Kingdom
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation of BlackLine application. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based applications and services. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, development, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Work with product management, architects and other engineering teams to understand stated and unstated needs and turn them into functional and technical
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, and communication.
- Lead technical design and architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions while making appropriate trade-offs on technology, functionality, robustness, performance and extensibility.
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Mentor and coach team members, guide them to solutions on complex design issues and do peer code reviews.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours
Years of Experience in Related Field:
6+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platform, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
3+ years of experience with a public cloud (Azure, GCP and AWS) and solid understanding of cloud-native services.
Education: BS degree in Computer Science or equivalent experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Expert in one or more object-oriented programming languages (C# + either Python or Java).
- Demonstrable experience with Azure serverless
- Fluent in SQL, data modeling and transactional
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Proven experience in working with one or more services such as API gateway, identity management, authentication, messaging (Kafka or RabbitMQ), workflow orchestration, job scheduling and
- Experience as a technical lead for design, architecture and code review of highly scalable distributed systems and event driven
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and system level performance analysis
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code. Good knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Open source contributor.
- Proficient with ERP (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft) platforms.
- Experience with data integration and ETL
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.