Principal Solutions Architect - 13054
London, United Kingdom
The Principal Solution Architect (PSA) will support sales and service efforts working closely with product and marketing to close large deals. The PSA will be an expert in the BlackLine product, finance operating models, industry standards, regulations, emerging trends, competitor capabilities/limitations, and finance transformation. In addition, the PSA will be involved in large strategic BlackLine opportunities to capture pain points, prioritize objectives, and gain cross-functional alignment on the recommended solution, roadmap, go-to-market strategy and assist on project level of effort estimates and statements of work. The PSA will assist prospects and customers in designing the scope of work, level of effort, and solution design for all products and solutions during the pre-sale cycle. The PSA will understand prospects business needs, and design a solution to meet those needs, as well as map the needs to capabilities of our solutions. The PSA will align with other BlackLine personnel to ensure proper knowledge transfer and project completion.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Leading Sales: The Principal Solutions Architect will work closely with sales, product and services throughout the entire deal lifecycle. They will lead the in-depth discovery and engagement aspects of the pursuit through to the final proposal and statement of work.
- Delivery & Support: The Principal Solutions Architect is responsible for maintaining the key client relationships they established during the sale process to ensure we are meeting expectations throughout delivery and support. They will also help drive the client roadmap working closely with implementations, customer success managers, and the product team.
- Business Case Value Assessments: The Principal Solutions Architect is responsible for leading Business Value workshops and completing Business Cases that include ROI analysis and Implementation project plans.
- Proof of Concept: The Principal Solutions Architect is responsible for completing Proof of Concept work when required to accelerate closing of large opportunities.
- Go-to-Market Assets: The Solutions Architect will assist in the ongoing development of our Solutions Architect playbook and demonstration environment. In addition, they will lead the ongoing training to our broader community of Solution Consultants. Working closely with product, marketing and service they will assist in the development of other assets (e.g., workshop enablers, use cases, competitive comparisons, sales/partner training, whitepapers, webcasts, etc.) and help with evangelizing our product.
- Implementation Projects: The Solutions Architect will scope prospect/client use cases to develop the level of effort estimates and work with Engagement Managers to develop a Statement of Work.
- Hands-on: The Solutions Architect is expected to roll up their sleeves and fill gaps where necessary to make the product successful for our clients.
- Mentor: Mentor and train lower level or less experience Solutions Architects on best practices and standard procedures. Assist with knowledge transfer efforts.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years of experience in a professional role (could be Solutions Consultant, BlackLine Systems Admin, or Professional Services environment)
Education: 4 year undergraduate degree or equivalency in work experience
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of professional services and value proposition for SaaS products
- Advanced proficiency with Microsoft Excel, including V-lookups and pivot tables
- Knowledge of a CRM tool such as Salesforce
- Demonstrated ability to build and maintain trusted relationships with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to translate prospective client objectives into solutions enabled by our product
- Experience selling and managing large transformational projects at strategic accounts
- Experience creating and delivering compelling presentations and product demonstrations
- Previous experience as a consultant focused on process improvement and technology enablement
- Application and process SME for all Customer and related internal teams
- Understanding of connectivity, architecture, infrastructure and security as a pre-sales resource