Manager, Customer Success - 12996
Remote, United States
The Manager, Customer Success directly defines, manages and delivers on a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s). This program strategy should encompass the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. This role includes the hiring, supervision, management and training of any program-allocated Customer Success Managers in becoming experts in the Company’s platform and products and in using their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. The Manager, Customer Success will employ effective and repeatable world-class processes and prescriptive touchpoints, including campaigns, coaching, demonstrations, success plans and reviews to nurture extraordinary customer engagement and excitement throughout their BlackLine journey.
- Define, manage and deliver on a Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with a BlackLine onboarded customer segment(s).
- Supervise, manage and train all program-allocated Customer Success Managers.
- Hire any open program allocated Customer Success Manager positions.
- Coordinate CSM program workflow and assign project tasks as needed.
- Supervise CSM team’s answers of client platform, product and domain questions.
- Supervise CSM team’s performance of Success Planning activities for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and any challenges to deliver relevant and pertinent demonstrations, coaching and/or referrals to other Customer Teams.
- Supervise CSM team’s performance of quality demonstrations, coaching and other presentations to the Company’s onboarded clients through webcasts, teleconferences and on-site visits.
- Work as a team with sales and other department leaders on strategic account planning based on license and product adoption whitespace, customer sentiment, and churn risk.
- Deliver actionable advice and expertise to allocated CSM team and customers regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to attain the goal of product and license adoption optimization.
- Perform/supervise effective customer demonstrations, Success Reviews, Executive Business Reviews, customer advocacy, coaching activities and other deliverables according to “swim lane” and customer segmentation matrix.
- Be able to address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes.
- Keep current on the BlackLine platform and all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Apply competitive differentiation as needed to further adoption opportunities and prevent churn.
- Report on “at-risk” clients and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Coordinate with BlackLine Partner Channel team as well as specific partners, as needed.
- Provide and manage feedback to Product Management team related to new functionality requests and specifications.
- Provide and manage feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Assist in BlackLine Community as a Moderator.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine User Groups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively, sharing best practices and coordinating across internal teams.
- Demonstrated ability to lead and deliver on assigned strategies and objectives using allocated resources.
- Outstanding analytical, oral and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with clients, while identifying and assessing client opportunity and risk.
- Assist customers both large and small and know how/why to manage them differently.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic environment, prioritizing and adjusting to multiple and varying tasks daily.
- Ability to exercise independent discernment for issue identification and creative resolutions.
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness and good judgment.
- Effective presentation skills with ability to deliver clear and concise messages both internally and with clients.
- Strong ability to understand, match and recommend product functionality to the clients’ business needs
- Strong results orientation with a dedicated client focus.
- Domain expertise, including 5+ years accounting/auditing experience
- 2+ years BlackLine experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration required
- 5+ years in a customer-facing role
- 2-5 year’s relevant management experience
- Experience managing employees in different geographical locations
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification
- Previous supervisory or management experience