Senior Software Engineer, Test - 12974
Pleasanton, United States
BlackLine SaaS is the system of interaction for finance and accounting teams and it integrates with numerous ERPs, CRMs, Payment systems, Point of Sale systems and other applications.
As a Sr. Software Engineer in Test, you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will be automating tests for web-based, mobile applications and RESTful APIs to support our high-transaction and big-data SaaS applications. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
· Create Web application and API automation utilizing tools and frameworks already in place to ensure future automation coverage of all features.
· Microservices functional testing along with writing test automation.
· Build and add to Automation Regression Test Harness.
· Drive improvements and provide recommendations by using or creating tools and contributing to the automation framework already in place.
· Independently identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, management of dependencies, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
· Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
· Provide technical leadership to other QE staff as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
· Execute on QE compliance objectives and appropriate metrics to measure success.
· Assist with defining and implementing quality standards, processes, and procedures that ensure the highest quality deliverables.
· Collaborate with QE, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all user stories, product definition, technical specifications, and acceptance criteria are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
· Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
· Identify gaps, issues, or other areas of concern, and proactively define, propose, and enact process and workflow improvements to mitigate such issues.
· Partner with leadership, peers, and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving the what and how of Quality within BlackLine