Senior Solution Manager - 12956
, United Kingdom
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing rapid growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
BlackLine’s Product Management group drives product design and strategy across an entire suite of solutions, manages the product backlog and roadmap, and leverages deep product, market, and competitive knowledge in support of other teams throughout. A Solution Manager in this group will lead solution positioning and strategy by working closely with our internal team of Product Managers, customers, partners, and customer/partner-facing teams to define and build solutions. This role is responsible for defining the customer/market unmet needs, leading market and customer research, conducting competitive analysis, and driving action throughout the organization.
You’ll Get To:
Serve as a subject matter expert for the organization on what use cases/solutions our products provide, their capabilities, and their potential impact in the market
Effectively communicate and advocate the solution strategy and vision, as well as goals and objectives for specific initiatives to all levels of the organization, including executive leadership
Craft effective go-to-market & product strategies; work closely with pre-and post-sales
Assess markets and competition to develop and position our products as solutions for disruption of legacy competitors with differentiated new products
Create and manage supporting collateral including strategic plans, business cases, marketing plans, and appropriate functional support plans
Plan and carry out effective, timely product launches, migrations, and/or sunsets
Manage the market performance of products and portfolios
Translate information from across the organization, partners, and customers into cohesive decisions
Provide leadership in customer events and workshops, such as user conference, best practice summits, partner advisory boards, and customer advisory boards
Partner with various teams such as Product Marketing, Product Management, Product Design, Implementations, Support, Customer Success, Accounting Innovation, Sales, Architecture, and Customer Experience to lead discovery and innovation processes that surface unmet customer needs
Define initiative success criteria and business metrics to measure results, including reporting results and making future recommendations based on those results
Perform other duties as needed
What You’ll Bring:
- Advanced work management skills
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills to leverage research/data to support sound decisions
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to resolve tension, motivate a team, and mentor teammates
- Strong leadership qualities and the ability to influence without authority
- Segmenting markets, identifying target customers, and uncovering customer needs
- Master’s degree in Accounting, Finance, Business Administration or related field
- 5+ years of experience working as a Senior Manager in Accounting/Controller, Product Manager, and/or Solution Manager or similar roles for SaaS companies
- Deep understanding of accounting & finance workflows, and a deep understanding of the software market for accounting and finance
- Knowledge of modern web application architecture and engineering patterns and practices
- Experience with Agile/Scrum, Kanban, and Waterfall methodologies
- Familiarity with market and organizational elements of both SaaS and Enterprise-scale Software
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience with Outcome Driven Innovation and JTBD is a plus
- Deep understanding of product management methodologies, best-practices, and processes preferred
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.