Senior IT Auditor - 12951
Woodland Hills, United States
The vision of the Internal Audit Department (IAD) is to be an agile and multi-talented trusted advisor that efficiently delivers stronger assurance and more valuable insights to BlackLine. The Senior IT Auditor is a hands-on role with the main responsibility to lead and execute all IT related components of the SOX program, including, but not limited to, IT General Controls (ITGCs) and application controls testing. Working under the supervision of the Director, Internal Audit, the Senior IT Auditor will identify and evaluate the risks and controls in the Company’s system development, change management, vendor management, and information security processes. Additionally, the Senior IT Auditor will engage in Internal Audit work related to the Company’s IT infrastructure, systems, and security. This role will directly interact with management personnel within the Accounting, IT, HR, and other business functions.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Responsible for all aspects of BlackLine’s ITGC and application control testing related to SOX. This includes completing walkthroughs, documentation and testing of the design and operating effectiveness of controls, and coordination of this work with the Company’s external auditors.
- Identify deficiencies in internal control design and/or operation, assess the impact of deficiencies, determine root causes, recommend appropriate remediation action plans to management, and monitor management’s remediation efforts to closure.
- Become an in-house expert on all ITGC-related matters for our core systems and applications
- Be an integral member of the Internal Audit (IA) team, working directly with the VP, IA and Director, IA.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 3+ years work experience in IT audit, SOX IT audit or related field, ideally within a Big 4 accounting firm
Education: Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business, Information Technology, Management Information Systems or Computer Science
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Self-motivated and able to work independently, while coordinating efforts with a broader team
- Strong attention to detail
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Solid working knowledge of SOX, COSO, and Internal Audit concepts and frameworks
- Knowledge and/or use of enterprise software such as NetSuite, Salesforce, BlackLine a plus
- Ability to identify opportunities to enhance audit approach, including using data analytics, machine learning and/or RPA
- CISA certification preferred
- CIA certification a plus