VP, Product Management, Platform - 12937
Woodland Hills, United States
BlackLine is seeking a highly motivated VP of Platform Product Management with a proven track record of technical product management in enterprise solutions, driving client value, and identifying ROI based on core customer pain points and needs.
This role will be a strategic leader within the Product organization, responsible for providing complete solutions to customer segments with differing needs that are tailored to address key client pain points. The VP of Platform Product Management will engage with the Engineering and Architecture teams to ensure BlackLine has the best platform to meeting its customer’s needs. The Application team will be the key consumer for the Platform, and hence the person will work closely with the Application team to understand their platform requirements as well as ensure that they adopt and leverage the platform components.
Roles and Responsibility
- Own the BlackLine Platform strategy to drive value for customers.
- Partner with Engineering, Architecture, Cloud and Program Management teams to drive world class execution of the product roadmap, including defining our platform architecture and standards, building consistent processes, harnessing test, and data-driven approaches, and delivering high-quality, high-impact work.
- Develop and manage our integration strategy, integration platform connectors to backend ERPs, integration with other 3rd party solutions etc.
- Ensure we manage our move to the public cloud in a phased manner.
- Ensure our platform is scalable and can meet the performance requirements of our customers.
- Develop, own and drive strategy and execution of API framework (API First/REST adoption, OAuth, Consumption portal).
- Help with the design and build of master data services.
- Manage the build out of configuration management (workflow, new customer spin up).
- Help build an extensibility framework (Custom Forms, External APIs, UX).
- Own and manage messaging and notifications framework.
- Own the strategy and rollout of our microservice transition.
- Drive the buildout and growth of the data platform and the related data products like reports, analytics, artificial intelligence, data mining etc.
- Own everything related to data like archiving, data deletion, data retention, data lineage etc.
- Own the security roadmap and ensure BlackLine is current on security requirements.
- Build and lead governance committees for security, APIs, data etc. which will provide guidance and direction for our platform.
- Be an internal evangelist for our platform capabilities to ensure they are part of everything we do, including ensuring the adoption of platform capabilities by internal teams and supporting the platform vision.
- Build a strong external presence and be an external evangelist for our platform vision, technology, and product roadmap, influencing our customer developer community, industry analysts and our key partners e.g. system integrators, ISVs etc.
- Work with Product Marketing to develop a clear and compelling Marketing Strategy for our Developer Platform and Integration Platform.
- Build and scale a world-class Platform Product Management organization that product managers crave to be a part of to develop their skills and grow their careers, including: inspiring the team with a compelling vision and strategy, defining the organization structure, unlocking the talent and capabilities of the current team as well as recruiting top talent.
Years of Experience in Related Field: Minimum of 15 years professional experience in a senior Product Management role.
Education: Bachelor’s degree in computer science, engineering, or related field.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 10+ years leading product management teams within B2B SaaS or Cloud companies, with specific experience (5+ years) focused on developer and integration platforms.
- Proven track record of having skillfully built, mentored, and coached 10+ person Product Management organizations into a thoughtful, efficient, and quality team.
- Expertise in empowering and instilling confidence in cross-functional teams such as Product, Sales, Global Services, Customer Support, etc.
- Skilled at partnering with VP and C-level executives in driving business decision-making and product road mapping.
- A strong point of view and willingness to thoughtfully make your argument.
- Ability to combine both internal user data and customer insights to help map the product experience.
- Work seamlessly across departments to ensure the best outcome for the business.
- Good overall experience with ERPs and Finance and Accounting solutions.
- Experience in cloud-based enterprise SaaS applications.
- Understanding of integration and scalability across heterogeneous business applications/platforms.
- Good understanding of SAP solution offerings (e.g. SAP ECC, S4HANA, SAC etc.).
- Excellent writing, communication, and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical skills, results-oriented, customer-oriented attitude, good strategic and conceptual thinking skills.
- Ability to present complex information in a clear and appealing manner.
- A commitment to travel about 25% of the time.