Customer Success Manager - 12919
Remote, United States
The Customer Success Manager 2 (CSM2) delivers post-sales efforts to their assigned customers via a consultative Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with BlackLine onboarded customers. This program strategy encompasses the activities, resources, and relationships necessary to optimize customers’ adoption of subscribed licenses and products, prevent attrition and churn, and continually enhance customer health and satisfaction. The CSM2 uses their expertise in the Company’s platform and products as well as their domain expertise to provide best practice deliverables. These deliverables include coaching, Business Reviews, Customer Success Reviews, Success Planning required to ensure the customer is receiving the value expected from their BlackLine subscription and moving through their customer journey. The CSM2 acts as a mentor and assists the Customer Enablement team with onboarding new CSMs. The CSM2 leads customer events with ease and may or may not produce their own presentation content relevant to the audience. They develop a trusted advisor relationship with key customer stakeholders and executive sponsors such that all BlackLine activities are closely aligned with the customer's business and strategic initiatives, allowing the full potential of their BlackLine solution to be realized. The CSM2 reports to the Senior Manager, Customer Success; however, they work independently and require minimal contact with the Senior Manager Customer Success.
- Deliver on Customer Success program strategy specifically associated with BlackLine onboarded customer as it relates to assigned customers.
- Track, validate, and provide feedback to AM team to ensure the customer moves through the entire BlackLine journey after initial contract implementation.
- Deliver actionable advice, coaching and expertise regarding the features and usage of BlackLine’s solutions to increase product adoption and to assist the Account Management team in license expansion.
- Educate clients on existing and new product features and functionality, and how it can contribute to their business objectives.
- Perform Success Planning activities (Business Reviews, Success Reviews and Success Path creation) for onboarded clients to ensure BlackLine understands their corporate goals and objectives and the client understands their usage and the path forward to gain more efficiency with the solutions.
- Continually communicate BlackLine value to customer through the entire customer journey.
- Work as a team with sales executives and other departments on account planning focused on account expansion, reduction of license and product adoption whitespace, increased customer sentiment, and reduced churn risk.
- Perform effective, Success Reviews, Business Reviews, Success Reviews, customer advocacy activities, solution coaching and other adoption deliverables via webcasts, teleconferences and/or onsite visits.
- Address assigned client activities’ impact on BlackLine and provide best practices. Includes, but not limited to organizational changes, global rollout, and ERP changes. Ensure ERP changes that result in risk of churn or attrition is document.
- Keep current on all BlackLine solutions, including detailed product functionality and its proper use.
- Communicate competitive differentiation as needed to further opportunities and prevent churn.
- Identify and report on “at-risk” clients, including impact on renewals, and guide customers through a successful “Red → Green” process.
- Participate in 1 or more Expert Team to provide feedback to Product Management team through the Customer Team Enhancement Process related to new functionality requests and specifications
- Provide feedback to various internal customer teams to improve customer experience.
- Provide BlackLine best practices, use case scenarios and client stories both internally and externally (including Community) to assist other clients with expanded use of application functionality.
- Assist with the provision of customer references.
- Provide coverage, education, and application expertise by attending and participating in BlackLine Meet Ups, Client Roundtables, Customer Success Labs, Best Practice Summits, conferences, and other events.
- Log client communication and document relevant activities within internal customer relationship management software and other tools as assigned.
- Show passion for BlackLine application and desire to enhance customer satisfaction.
- Travel may be required
- Other duties as assigned
- Domain expertise - 5+ years of experience in accounting/auditing and/or in accounting/auditing/financial industry software solutions
- 4 Years Customer facing experience (internal or external)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience
- Strong interpersonal skills and experience building relationships
- Ability to deal with changing priorities and high-pressure situations with poise diplomacy and tact
- Highly process-oriented mindset, with a love of telling stories with data
- Excellent listening, diagnostic and empathy skills: you identify with the customer and want to help solve their problem
- Strong verbal and written professional communication
- Demonstrate natural strong presentation skills natural comfortable passion for presenting
- Prioritization and time management skills
- Self-motivated, proactive team player with a natural curiosity and passion for learning
- 2+ years BlackLine experience or demonstrated advanced knowledge of BlackLine solutions
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
- CPA, CIA or related professional accounting certification