Vice President, Business Transformation - 12905
Woodland Hills, United States
The Vice President of Business Transformation is responsible for developing a comprehensive strategy with regard to financial automation of the company, specifically designing and implementing a systematic approach to existing financial processes and procedures. The VP of Business Transformation will be responsible for establishing a long-term vision of the overall financial systems environment, factoring in the global corporate strategy to ensure that the Company’s growth initiatives are supported by finance and accounting systems, processes, and infrastructure.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Develop a comprehensive financial automation strategy for the company, assess both current and future needs to ensure long-term strategic goals are achieved
- Assess existing financial processes in order to identify opportunities for automation or to upgrade existing systems to enhance overall efficiency
- Establish an understanding of the company’s go-to-market approach, and how changes to that approach can affect existing accounting policies, procedures, and systems
- Possess a comprehensive understanding of all of the Company’s significant accounting policies and processes
- Assume the leadership role for the financial system integration and accounting process alignment of acquired companies
- Consistently evaluate the company’s network of financial system and tools, executing on plans to upgrade aforesaid systems/tools prior to their obsolescence or incapacity to continue to meet the company’s needs
- Serve as the representative of accounting and finance for all financial system implementations, assessing requirements, and ensuring that the design of the system meets those requirements
- Provide executive level updates of the financial automation roadmap on a regular basis ensuring that it aligns with the overall corporate strategy
- Maximize the use of BlackLine’s own platform internally
- Ensure that the design, implementation, and functionality of all systems meets SOX requirements
- Lead cross-functional efforts to the extent financial automation projects impact various departments, assessing business needs and building consensus throughout the project
Years of Experience in Related Field: 15+ years of work experience in a financial transformation role, both working for a public company and/or advising public companies. Strong accounting operational knowledge required.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree, Accounting, Business Administration, or equivalent; MBA preferred
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Must possess a background in systems implementation, configuration, and process automation.
- Must possess a strong foundational knowledge of accounting principles, systems, processes, and SOX concepts
- Subject matter expertise in SalesForce and NetSuite highly preferred
- Executive level communication and presentation skills
- Excellent managerial skills, possess capacity to lead and build a team