BI Engineer - 12898
Woodland Hills, United States
BI engineer with deep expertise in reports and dashboard development, will be helping to build out and grow the use of the reporting platform within the organization. Reporting engineer will work with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs, and apply his/her reporting development and visualization skills to provide insightful and actionable dashboards. You will also help implement leading practices in visualizations, security, policies, processes and environment setup and maintenance of the reporting platform. You will also help teach and mentor others to help foster an environment of self-service reporting.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Under minimal supervision, develop reports and visual, interactive dashboards using Tableau. (Knowledge and experience in other tools such as Power BI, Looker, Qlik etc is a plus.)
- Work collaboratively with business stakeholders to understand their analytical needs and provide insightful reporting solutions.
- Communicate and present reports/dashboards in a clear and professional manner to non-technical business partners.
- Develop and execute database queries using SQL to conduct analyses and validate report accuracy.
- Utilize Tableau Prep for data wrangling and minor ETL as the need arises during dashboard development.
- Implement efficient row level security model in the Tableau dashboard meeting business requirements.
- Administer Tableau server environment and help troubleshoot any issues with Tableau Desktop usage.
- Help troubleshoot issues with Tableau Server and Desktop.
- Familiar with reporting with data from like Salesforce, NetSuite, Marketo etc.
- Provide technical and design assistance to other users in their self-service report development.
- Provide estimates for report requests.
- Work with BI Architect and Data Platform Lead to assist in the design of Tableau data source, and the EDW data models.
- Modify and troubleshoot existing reports.
- Keep abreast of changing and emerging technologies and techniques in BI.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+
Education: Bachelor’s in Technology, Mathematics or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong understanding of visualization techniques and best practices
- Advanced understanding of both Tableau Desktop and Tableau Server
- Experience and ability to work in an agile, iterative process
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, are critical to the role
- Good understanding of database and Data Warehouse concepts, including ETL, SQL, dimensional models, etc.
- Experience in technology industry is a plus.
- 5+ years overall experience in IT
- 4+ years of experience in Business Intelligence and Data Warehouse area
- 3+ years proven experience in Tableau and Tableau Prep development