Staff Program Manager - 12887
Pleasanton, United States
The Staff, Program Manager, is a critical position in BlackLine’s Program Management organization and will lead the cross-functional execution of complex strategic programs across a variety of products. This role requires an individual that possess a strong program management background, the ability to easily navigate within ambiguous situations and lead with senior executives with a strong understand of SaaS technologies. The scope of this area includes Product Development Program Management, Product Planning, Engineering Metrics/Reporting and Product Development Programs.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Lead and drive all program activities, conduct quality reviews, manage risk mitigation and change control processes, and communicate status to senior management and cross-functional stakeholders across the Product & Technology organization including all appropriate business organizations as required for the program’s success
- Drive continuous improvement of the overall productization and implementation processes across the enterprise that will result in measurable quality, predictability and efficiency improvements
- Provide input into planning and managing company resources to develop achievable quarterly level product development plans
- Lead teams to identify and establish metrics and tools to achieve predictability and high quality of software in a fast paced, challenging and creative environment
- Ensure that development activities adhere to established operational procedures and standards
- Lead special high-profile projects as needed
Years of Experience in Related Field:10+ years Program Management, ideally in an Agile or SaaS environment during times of extreme growth
Education: CSM required, PMP certification a plus Bachelor's or Master’s degree in technical field, MBA a plus
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Exceptional oral and written communications skills
- Scrum Master certification or equivalent
- Demonstrated leadership and people management skills. Inspires teams to attain goals and excellence
- Strong analytical skills, leveraging product development and program management best practices.
- Excellent problem-solver and critical-thinker with the ability to identify and remove barriers and enable teams to complete their objectives
- Ability to develop strong cross-team relationships and partnerships; effectively work within all levels of the organization, from developers to members of the Executive team
- Excellent interpersonal communication skills, including active listening, persuasion, and managing change
- Solid influencing and presentation skills with the ability to communicate at all levels with clarity and precision, both written and verbally, and influence policy.
- Track record identifying areas for improvement and develop new processes, leveraging methodologies to ensure consistency with the organization
- Able to manage competing priorities and work autonomously
- Excellent judgment, decision making skills, and the ability to work under continual deadline pressure