Senior Product Manager - 12864
Woodland Hills, United States
At BlackLine, our success hinges on developing and maintaining industry-leading business solutions that hundreds of thousands of users across the world rely upon. A key success component is the highly collaborative and market-facing nature of our Product Management team. Product Management is responsible for guiding products through the software development lifecycle including analyzing, positioning, promoting, and tailoring our solutions to both new and existing customers. They work closely with creative and talented engineers, designers, and marketers to help design and develop solutions that improve companies overall financial close process.
As Senior Product Manager, you will work cross-functionally to guide products from conception to launch by connecting the business and technical worlds. From leveraging new and existing technologies to diving deep into feedback from some of the most recognized brands in the world, you will create buy-in for product vision across internal and external stakeholders that includes both customers and partners alike. The ideal Senior Product Manager is a customer-/market-oriented person with strong product and project management skills, solid technical understanding and great personal skills and a track record for delivering exceptional business results.
- Have a complete understanding of customer needs, both existing and potential and use that knowledge to provide clear, concise, and prioritized direction to the engineering team
- Translate product strategy into product capabilities and manage them from concept to delivery
- Validate product designs and prototypes with customers, enterprise stakeholders and prospects to co-innovate and test the requirements
- Maintain and prioritize product roadmap and backlog, ensuring that new products and enhancements are consistently refined and validated
- Collaborate with engineering on release management: understand status, risks, dependencies and help address risks and resolve issues
- Participate in sales and marketing activities including customer roundtables, sales demonstrations, and user conferences
- Monitor existing and incorporate new data-driven operational and revenue/adoption metrics as part of the roadmap planning process
- Effectively work with Sales, Marketing, Services, Support for enablement to ensure successful release and customer adoption
- 6+ years in B2B Product management experience with at least 4 years in Enterprise application business
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and a willingness to roll up your sleeves to get things done
- Deep familiarity with enterprise Cloud applications with an emphasis on Office of Finance-related transactional systems (account reconciliation, matching, control/task management)
- Proficient with Agile methodologies including Scrum and Kanban
- Excellent communication, presentation, and collaboration skills.
- Thrives in a fast-moving, quickly changing atmosphere.
- Strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to work under pressure, meet deadlines, and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent work experience in accounting is a must
- Familiarity with agile enablement applications (Jira and Product board preferred)
- Knowledge of BlackLine Products or Financial Close applications
- 10-20% travel to customers and company/industry events as required