Chief of Staff - 12861
Remote, United States
Direct support of the CEO in a variety of activities including but not limited to project management, meeting and event preparation, and assisting with setting priorities with business leaders.
Roles and Responsibility
Direct Support of the CEO
- Assist with setting strategic priorities: Helping a leader identify the areas where they must direct their focus and identifying metrics for success. Revisiting regularly and evaluating progress.
- Strategically managing a leader’s time: working with assistant, looking at long term travel calendar, evaluating opportunities and determining fit with priorities.
- Meeting preparation and follow up: reviewing upcoming meetings for the week to ensure the leader has all of the information needed to be as productive as possible and sending out agendas or documents to meeting attendees as necessary.
- Reviewing Internal and External Communications: drafting emails, reports, or presentations for the CEO.
- Monitoring information flow: Sometimes acting as a gatekeeper, ensuring a CEO’s involvement in a project or decision-making process at the right moment.
- Serve as a subject matter expert, handling inquiries and developing action plans to address them, and assisting with the preparation and dissemination of communications
Meeting & Event Preparation
- Managing the meeting cadence for calls with the board of directors and leadership team, ensuring materials are sent in advance, time is well spent, and objectives are achieved.
- Planning and leading executive retreats and other special events.
- Overseeing large, often cross-functional organization-wide projects or initiatives.
- Bring together multiple stakeholders and help drive decisions.
- Researching, benchmarking, analyzing data, and making recommendations.
- Creating systems and processes to streamline operations.
- Creating & updating dashboards for reviewing key performance indicators.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 7+ years in a business or executive management role
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Proven experience organizing and directing multiple teams and departments
- Excellent communicator in written and verbal form
- Extremely versatile, dedicated to efficient productivity
- Experience planning and leading strategic initiatives
- Experience with data analysis
- Experience with budget management
- Consulting experience with a focus on operations management
- Proven success in a project management role
- Nimble business mind with a focus on developing creative solutions
- Strong project reporting skills, with a focus on interdepartmental communication