Sales Specialist Overlay - 12838
Remote, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
The Sales Specialist Overlay- Accounts Receivable (AR) Solutions will drive sales for AR specific solutions through direct participation in all opportunities (large and small) either solely or through collaboration as part of a wider Account Team.
Drive Sales for BlackLine’s Cash Application and Accounts Receivable solutions.
Work closely with BlackLine Sales Teams – help customers understand AR, its ability to deliver cost savings through process standardization, automation, Robotic Process Automation, and AI.
Conduct in-depth sales discovery meetings, assist with demos, host customer workshops, and work directly with customers to build the business case for AR automation.
- Work in collaboration with Sales and Business Development Reps to prospect daily for new business and work assigned leads and opportunities in step with BlackLine Account Executives where required.
- Assist in establishing effective sales strategies and tactics, jointly with the Regional Sales Teams, that result in new logo business generation and expanding current business within assigned territory.
- Schedule and complete weekly activities which include face-to-face meetings with customers and manage Sales activities for AR solutions in the assigned region.
- Ensure the value the AR products can provide is properly conveyed during the sales cycle.
- Document daily activity in SalesForce to track performance.
- Update sales business plans monthly to optimize sales results for the regions.
- Work closely with your team and other departments and support staff to assist with the coordination of business development, marketing, RFPs, demos, legal contracts, and implementation of software and ensure client satisfaction.
- Achieve annual sales targets and quarterly quotas on a consistent basis.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience creating and delivering compelling finance transformation proposals
- Either a minimum of 5 years of experience in AR or 5 years of experience selling financial solutions (SaaS preferred)
- Strong ability to demonstrate and persuade using influencing skills and relating to prospective customers in a consultative manner
- Strong communication and teamwork skills
- Demonstrated ability to build relationships and trust with prospects/clients
- Proven ability to understand and address prospective client objections
- Strong ability to match product functionality to the prospects’ business needs
- Demonstrate integrity, trustworthiness, and good judgment
- Ability to travel up to 50%
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- A strong background in selling into the CFO’s organization and Accounting/Finance department
- 1+ years of experience selling AR Automation software
- Experience selling enterprise, finance/accounting, and/or SaaS solutions to large corporations
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Economics or Business Administration
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company that believes in providing the best possible service to its clients and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.