Senior Software Engineer-Front End - 12810
Woodland Hills, United States
Pleasanton, United States
Remote, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
A line of code can take on many forms—the sublime UI, the intuitive interaction, the error that is never seen because the code was fault-tolerant and done well, or the deployable package that makes us all more efficient and capable—yet it all results in delivering value to our customers by making their lives and their day-to-day tasks easier and as automated as they can be. Yet none of that is possible without those with the passion, experience, and drive to take a UX interface and make it applicable reality, or those who can create robust tools and components that enable our collective success and the success of our users.
As a Senior Front-End Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in delivering high quality releases to our customers by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling BlackLine’s web application and driving innovation into our product suite. In this role, you will research, test, benchmark and evaluate new technologies, propose scalable solutions, collaborate with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features while writing elegant code for new UI Components, coaching and mentoring less experienced front end engineers and communicating with people at all levels. Your attention to detail, tenacity, and creative problem-solving and thinking ahead will directly impact the company’s success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where people are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, then you will be a good fit for our team.
You’ll Get To:
- Provide technical expertise in the design, development, and delivery of UI/UX Components for BlackLine’s products, while adhering to timelines, coding standards, requirements, and quality.
- Design, develop, test, troubleshoot, debug, optimize, scale, maintain and improve user facing elements for our applications, driving the delivery of high quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers. Develop functional and technical specifications, and test plans. Review others’ code. Collaborate with other team members and other teams on all of the above.
- Design and communicate coding standards, solve complex UX design problems, create robust solutions.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new UI tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by enforcing good practices and habits, writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Mentor and coach team members and guide them to solutions on complex issues.
- Proactively identify issues, gaps, or other areas of concern or opportunity and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change by working with peers and leadership to build consensus and take action.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
What You’ll Bring:
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of experience with Front End software development.
- 3+ years of hands-on experience in building highly optimized Web Applications.
- Expert level knowledge of HTML5, CSS3 and CSS preprocessors.
- Strong expertise with one or more MVC/MVVM frameworks (Angular, React, Vue etc.) and tools (such as npm, node, gulp, etc.).
- Experience with back-end technologies (DOT.NET (C#), Java, WebAPI etc.) is a plus.
- Fluency in cross-browser development and debugging.
- A solid understanding of computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns related to the Front End development.
- Experience with performance optimization approaches (caching, CDN, etc.).
- Experience with developing Single Page Applications.
- Experience with source controls tools (git, etc.).
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Prior working experience in Scrum, or other Agile development methodologies, is preferred.
- Passion for engineering excellence through automation, unit testing, and process improvements.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.