Senior Software Engineer, Test - 12801
, United Kingdom
As a Senior Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will be testing web-based applications and RESTful APIs to support our high-transaction and big-data SaaS applications. Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Create UI and API automation utilizing tools and frameworks already in place to ensure future automation coverage of all features.
- Independently, assess risk, suggest improvements, and follow mitigation strategies for projects with complex requirements, technical designs, dependencies, and data sets.
- Execute QA forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, reported defects, and performance and scalability issues.
- In conjunction with leadership, execute on QA compliance objectives and appropriate metrics to measure success.
- Follow established quality standards, processes, and procedures to ensure the highest quality deliverables.
- Collaborate with QA, Product, and Engineering leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all user stories, product definition, technical specifications, and acceptance criteria are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Author high-quality test plans and test cases.
- Partner with leadership, peers, and sister-teams throughout the organization to support meaningful change and adaptation, with a constant focus on improving thewhat and how of Quality within BlackLine.
- Assist in the development of associate and Software Engineers as needed.
Years of Experience in Related Field:
- 5+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- Intermediate understanding of programming languages, preferably Java and C#.
- 5+ years of hands-on test automation development.
- 5+ years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically Java and/or C#.
Education: Computer Science degree or equivalent experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Strong knowledge of SQL, including multi-table JOINs and stored procedures.
- Full working knowledge and experience with the range of quality concepts and best practices (e.g. black, white, and gray-box testing; performance; bug-tracking; debugging tools, etc.).
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers.
- Experience testing mobile applications is a plus.
- Experience working with big-data and/or high-transaction applications is a strong plus.
- Prior hands-on experience with tools such as Selenium or Cucumber are strongly preferred.
- Prior working experience in Agile, specifically SCRUM, is preferred.
- Experience working with T-SQL-T