Principal Education Consultant - 12798
Remote, United States
The Principal Education Consultant will design, develop, and deliver engaging training content that is consumed by our customers, partners, and employees. Training content is primarily product focused. This position communicates with internal departments to inform training content and needs. This position also communicates with external partners and customers regarding deployment of training.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Strategizesand leads curriculum development projects including eLearning, video-on-demand, instructor led, and certification.
- Identifiesand creates training solutions that support the business strategy, as well as the product and curriculum roadmaps in a scalable manner
- Deliverscontent (across multiple product lines) at a variety of levels to different audiences via classroom (public, onsite), virtual classroom, and recorded formats.
- Collaborateswith product development, professional services, customer success, etc. to identify audience needs and scope the learning objectives.
- Acts as ago-to person in the department and is viewed positively by peers in other organizations. Conduct knowledge transfer activities to ramp and mentor other team members.
- Representsthe Training team at key customer events including user conferences, etc.
- Is an expert of Training tools and technologies. Identifies and drives improvements to existing CD tools and technologies for learning. Tests new training technologies and provides input.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years’ experience in instructional design and evaluation. 8-10+ years’ delivering training delivery virtual and onsite.
Education: College degree preferred but not required; priority is given to experience over education.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Experience using tools such as Articulate, Camtasia Studio, Captivate, Microsoft PowerPoint to develop content.
- Demonstrated understanding of adult learning theory.
- Experience delivering virtual training withWebex or similar application
- Experience in a training, support or professional services organization.
- Ability to conceptualize and present technical concepts in a clear and concise manner.
- Abilityto lead, prioritize and balance multiple, on-going projects and adhere to project schedules.
- Understanding of SaaS implementation methodology and training touch points.
- Ability to work collaboratively, establish excellent relationships with customers and extended training team especially Implementation, Partner Enablement and Customer Success.
- A continuous development mentality to explore new technologies, capabilities, and methods for effective adult training.
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills including presenting in front of groups.
- Commitment to high-quality training materials that adhere to Curriculum Development standards, best practices, and processes.
- Intermediate proficiency with the Microsoft Office suite.
- Experiencein eLearning and ILT course design, storyboarding, student and instructor guides, lab exercises, and job aides.
- 25% travel.
- Accounting/financial background or understanding of these concepts.
- Experience with BlackLine or other common financial systems such as Hyperion, etc.
- Multilingual speakers are encouraged to apply.