Senior Database Administrator - 12768
Woodland Hills, United States
As a Senior Database Administrator at BlackLine, you will play a vital role in the performance, delivery, stability, scalability and security of the databases we use, while continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. As a member of the data operations team, you will be involved in the planning, development, and maintenance of the database, including troubleshooting issues, security and access controls, and collaborating with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features, and collaborate in order to drive growth, improve controls and processes, and reduce overhead and complexity. In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing with peers whom they work with day-to-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, including helping those in your team, and someone who wants to ultimately deliver the best value and success you can, then we want to talk to you.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage Databases through multiple product lifecycle environments, including development, research, and mission-critical production systems
- Configure and maintain database servers and processes, including monitoring, system health, and performance in order to ensure high performance, availability, and security
- Independently, or in conjunction with peers as beneficial, analyze, solve, and correct issues in real-time, proving end-to-end problem-solving
- Assist and support development staff with tuning complex queries, generally supporting the delivery of high-quality value and features to BlackLine’s customers
- Refine, automate, and advocate for automation, standardized processes, issue tracking, and change management
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 On-Call rotation.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- 7 or more years MS SQL Server Administration experience required
- 3 or more years implementing operational automation via scripting (i.e., PowerShell) is required
- 5 or more years successfully working in both Physical and Virtual environments are required
- 5 or more years working in high-transaction environments is required
- Advanced working knowledge of T-SQL is required
- Advanced knowledge of setting up, maintaining and monitoring SQL Availability Groups
- Strong experience working with and maintaining backup and recovery strategies
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Need familiarity with 3rd party database monitoring tools
- SQL Server 2016/2017/2019
- Experience working in a Hybrid Cloud environment
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications
- Experience with Google Cloud Platform and Cloud Managed Services
- Mongo DB experience
- Postgres experience
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)
- Work is primarily sedentary in nature; no special demands are required.