Senior Network Engineer - 12732
Woodland Hills, United States
We’re looking for a Network Engineer who will design and provide operational support for highly complex data center networks which include multiple data centers and cloud providers. In this role, the engineer will design and implement network solutions according to business requirements, interact with vendors, and collaborate with teams throughout the organization. The engineer will also perform network installation, maintenance, upgrades, and troubleshooting for a variety of networking devices. This includes routers, switches, firewalls, load balancers, etc.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Provide superb support with a customer first attitude.
- Implement local and global IP networks for LAN, WAN and Data Center environments.
- Ensure performance and availability of production network infrastructure and telecommunications services.
- Provide expertise, technical guidance and support to fellow production operations team members.
- Design, deploy and maintain network management, monitoring, caching and load balancing solutions.
- Collaborate with server engineering, application engineering, and information security to ensure seamless operation of network services and timely capacity and security upgrades.
- Develop and maintain operational documentation and sensible infrastructure performance metrics.
- Interact with vendors and service providers; evaluate and recommend upgrades and new technologies.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Participate in 24x7 on-call rotation.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 5+ years
Bachelor’s Degree in an IT or engineering discipline or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Progressive experience in building and maintaining networks, including hands-on experience with high-availability, high-performance redundant infrastructures.
- Experience with cloud networking is preferred (AWS, GCP, Azure)
- Experience with firewall configuration and management (Palo Alto Network, Cisco ASA and Panorama)
- Proven experience in Data Center Routing and Switching
- LAN/WAN routing and Layer 2 & 3 switching (OSPF, BGP, STP, VLAN).
- Experience deploying and supporting load balancing (F5) and traffic shaping technologies.
- Ability to maintain accurate documentation and adhere to change management principles.
- Thorough knowledge of network hardware, software, OSI Layer1-7 protocols and services, TCP/IP, LAN, WAN, IPSec, QoS, and SSL
- Experience with network monitoring tools
- Good working knowledge of network security tools and technologies (firewalls, access control, encryption, multifactor authentication and IDS/IPS).
- Advanced problem solving and troubleshooting skills, packet capture, protocol analysis and performance diagnostics.
- Working knowledge of web technologies, Operating Systems, Active Directory, databases and scripting.
- Ability to effectively communicate with audiences of various levels and backgrounds, both verbally and in written form.
- Strong work ethic, attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Ability to multi-task and manage priorities in a fast-paced environment.
- Version control (GIT, BitBucket, GitHub, etc.)