Senior Marketing Performance Analyst - 12715
Remote, United States
BlackLine’s Marketing Performance team is looking for an experienced analyst to provide recommendations, data, and insights that will help us optimize our marketing funnel. By creating efficiency and productivity of our funnel, we will decrease cycle times and improve the overall revenue process for prospects and customers. This role will be responsible for designing analytical models (including multi-touch attribution) and processes with the objective of improving both conversion and acquisition rates of prospective customers. This role will also be responsible for partnering with and providing insights to a wide range of cross-functional stakeholders, including marketing and sales leadership. This role will become the go-to resource for uncovering insights and making recommendations to implement strategic solutions that allow teams to scale and operate more effectively.
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Proactively identify gaps in our current system infrastructure and data operations; document and develop a consistent feedback loop between marketing operations, sales operations, enterprise applications and marketing performance
- Triage and troubleshoot operational issues to optimize infrastructure, systems, and processes for scale
- Develop deep expertise of data, systems, and processes related to marketing funnel metrics
- Help develop, promote, and consistently articulate “one source of truth”
Management Reporting & Analysis:
- Proactively identify opportunities to automate and/or optimize manual processes and reporting across marketing and sales
- Document and validate project requirements, processes, and metric definitions; provide updates and requesting feedback at appropriate milestones
- Determine and identify which reports and dashboards should be a one-time analysis versus ones that should be setup for recurring review and analysis
- Create automated reports and dashboards that allow business owners greater ability to optimize operational performance
- Lead the planning and execution of large scale multi-functional/division analytics projects
- Prepare presentations that summarize key insights tailored to specific prospect marketing and sales audiences, from individual contributor to executive level, at a daily, weekly, and monthly cadence
- Evaluate ongoing business performance against growth targets to influence day-to-day operations
- Report and analyze performance of our marketing mix on a weekly and monthly basis
- Develop and continuously improve a multi-touch attribution model that drives operational performance and helps leadership understand where they might find ROI of certain campaigns
- Identify areas of underperformance for top of funnel acquisition and share insights and action plans with key stakeholders
- Uncover predictive usage metrics that indicate acquisition and retention of users of content and other organic growth channels
- Lead the development and implementation of processes across functions and business units to monitor and manage performance, including monthly or quarterly performance reviews
- Collaborate and build credibility with internal business teams, staying up to date on new initiatives and working to understand their data and reporting needs while managing expectations and providing guidance on best practices
- Facilitate self-serve reporting and formulate roadmaps to prioritize projects; this includes development of content and enablement
Years of Experience in Related Field: 4-5
Education: Bachelors or similar degree
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Demonstrated experience with multi-touch attribution, AB Testing.
- Expertise with several leading analytics tools, such as PowerBI, Tableau, or Qlik. Ability to learn other tools and evaluate tools for suitability of implementation.
- Demonstrated experience in BI data architecture, including ETL and APIs, and DW concepts such as star schema.
- Strong graphics and visualization. Ability to convey message simply and advise on best possible graphics visualizations.
- Familiarity with statistics and probability at undergraduate level of study. Background in data science helpful but not required.
- Demonstrated initiative and tenacity to begin a project and complete it. Demonstrated project management and project planning skills. Ability to provide a solid plan for complex projects including stakeholder’s alignment planning, communication planning and process change planning.
- Excellent communication skills. Able to present executive summaries of actionable insights and recommendations to executives.
- Collaborate with the immediate and broader functional team to help provide holistic actionable insights.
- Independently exercises judgment within broadly defined practices and policies. Selects methods and techniques of obtaining solutions to problems of relatively routine to diverse scope and moderate to high complexity.
- Experience with Salesforce, Marketo, Tableau, Bizible, 6sense
- Familiar with BlackLine or other common financial systems such as Hyperion, etc. is a plus.
- Experience using Python and/or R