Staff Software Engineer – Workflow Orchestration - 12699
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
As a Staff Software Engineer, you will play a crucial role in building the next generation BlackLine Finance Automation platform. You will be driving innovation into our product suite by designing, developing, troubleshooting, maintaining, optimizing and scaling cloud-based services and frameworks, including but not limited to workflow designer, workflow engine, rules engine and task management. In addition to being a hands-on engineer, you will also lead and mentor other engineers in the team.
If you have a passion for delivering products that make a difference, are driven to make things better in all that you do and are eager to work in a collaborative agile environment where developers are dedicated to solving customer problems and innovating, we would love to talk to you.
You’ll Get To :
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, development, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Work with product management, architects and other engineering teams to understand stated and unstated needs and turn them into functional and technical requirements.
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, and communication.
- Lead technical design and architecture discussions and help drive technical decisions while making appropriate trade-offs on technology, functionality, robustness, performance and extensibility.
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Research, test, benchmark, and evaluate new tools and technologies, and recommend ways to implement them in product development.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Mentor and coach team members, guide them to solutions on complex design issues and do peer code reviews.
- Proactively identify issues, bottlenecks, gaps, or other areas of concerns or opportunities and work to either directly affect change, or advocate for that change.
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
What You’ll Bring:
- Experience in developing business user friendly workflow designers and orchestrators, preferably based on BPMN standard and open source (e.g. Camunda, Activiti, jBPM or Airflow)
- Strong working experience with microservices, RESTful APIs, GraphQL and large scale distributed applications.
- Hands-on experience with various database technologies.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability and security.
- Expert in one or more object-oriented programming languages - C# or Java.
- A solid computer science foundation including data structures, algorithms, and design patterns, with a proven track record of writing high concurrency, multi-threaded, secure, scalable code.
- Experience as a technical lead for design, architecture and code review of highly scalable distributed systems and event driven architecture.
- Superior analytical, problem-solving and system level performance analysis abilities.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Adaptable team player with strong collaboration skills and a focus on results and value delivery.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- BS degree in Computer Science, or equivalent experience.
- 6+ years of professional experience in building Web scale highly available multi-tenant SaaS with focus on backend platforms, frameworks, RESTful APIs and microservices.
- 3+ years of experience with a public cloud (AWS, Azure, or GCP) and solid understanding of cloud-native services.
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Good knowledge of internet security issues in software design and code.
- Familiar with ERPs (SAP, Oracle, Netsuite or Microsoft).
- FinTech or Financial services domain background.
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.