Database Engineer - 12683
Bromsgrove, United Kingdom
As a Database Engineer at BlackLine, you will play a vital role in the performance, delivery, stability, and security of the databases we use, while continually driving forward improvements and optimizations at the database layer. You will be involved in the planning, development, and maintenance of the database, including troubleshooting issues, collaborating with other teams to define and build new features, optimize existing features, and collaborate in order to drive growth, improve controls and processes, and reduce overhead and complexity. In this role, we are looking for people who are team players, passionate about their areas of expertise, and constantly striving to learn and improve, not just in the sense of their own skills, but also in growing with peers whom they work with day-to-day. If you are someone who strives for excellence in all that they do, including helping those in your team, and someone who wants to ultimately deliver the best value and success you can, then we want to talk to you.
- Participate in cross-functional teams – working closely with the development organization to design and build high-performance, massively-scalable, always-available Cloud-based systems.
- Ensure data integrity and quality in database systems.
- Ensure that any code, structure or performance issues are identified early and addressed
- Maintain standard policies for database development activities.
- Provide database solutions based on technical documents and business requirements.
- Provide technical assistance to resolve all database issues related to performance, capacity and access.
- Analyze issues holistically, from the application tier through the database, down to the storage.
- Database Engineerwill ensure that all deadlines are met and that quality is of the highest level throughout the Software Development Life Cycle
- 5+ years experience using working with Microsoft SQL:
- SQL Server Fundamentals including maintenance and connectivity – SQL 2008, 2014, 2016, 2017 and Azure SQL instances
- SQL Server TSQL
- SQL Server Performance Optimisation
- SQL Server installation & configuration
- SQL Server monitoring
- SQL Server Reporting Services
- 2 or more years working in high-transaction environments is required
- Working knowledge of different index types and how they are used: columnstore, full-text, filtered, indexes with include columns
- Execution Plan understanding
- SSIS/SSRS experience is a strong plus
- Experience with performance tuning and optimization, using native monitoring and troubleshooting tools and techniques, including complex queries as well as procedure and indexing strategies
- Excellent written and verbal communication
- Adaptable team-player with a focus on results and value delivery
- Able to organize and plan work independently
- Participates in various technology POCs
- Understanding of OLTP vs OLAP environments
- Working knowledge of relational database internals (locking, consistency, serialization, recovery paths)
- NoSQL is a plus
- MCTS, MCITP, and/or MVP certifications are a plus