Senior Release Manager - 12667
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Being a best-in-class SaaS Company, we understand that bringing in new ideas and innovative technology is mission critical. At BlackLine we are always working with new, cutting edge technology that encourages our teams to learn something new and expand their creativity and technical skillset that will accelerate their careers.
Work, Play and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
BlackLine empowers our team members to be change agents and are always seeking new and innovative ways to solve problems. We are experiencing explosive growth and looking for passionate and talented people to join our team.
The Senior Release Manager will be responsible for planning, implementing and managing release processes for code through development, test, and production environments. The Senior Release Manager will drive the delivery of projects and interdependencies to ensure milestone adherence to ensure the integrity of the release can be measured.
You’ll Get To:
- Forward Plan the release windows and cycles across a portfolio
- Manage risks and resolves issues that affect release scope, schedule and quality
- Measure and monitor progress to ensure application releases are delivered on time and within budget, and that they meet or exceed expectations
- Communicate all key project plans, commitments, and changes including requirements, QA plans, schedule, and scope changes
- Manage relationships and coordinate work between different teams at different locations
- Conduct Release Readiness reviews, Milestone Reviews, and Business Go/No-Go reviews
- Produce Deployment, Run Books and Implementation Plans
- Weekly Release Reporting
- Communicate release details and schedules to the Business as required
- Negotiate, plan and manage all release activities
- Work with release engineers to understand impacts of branches and code merges
- Maintains the release schedule for all core services and ensure alignment across key partners and vendors.
- Continually work towards making improvements in the release process
- Lead and co-ordinate the Go-Live activities including the execution of the deployment Plans and checklists.
- Participate in CAB meetings to discuss release scope and/or roadblocks
- Maintains a release repository and manages key information such as build and release procedures, dependencies, and notification lists
- Researches new software development and configuration management methodologies and technologies and analyzes their application to current configuration management needs
- Conduct post-release reviews and provide improvements to processes for future releases.
- Manage Hypercare phase to ensure client incidents are triaged and prioritized.
- Manage unplanned release windows to meet business needs and coordinate appropriate internal/external communications.
- Maintain release records, artifacts, and support audit requests
- Manage integrity of regression environment and manage regression process to ensure release integrity.
- Create and maintain build/deploy jobs in Jenkins to support SDLC and branching strategies.
What You’ll Bring:
- 7+ years of previous release management experience
- 10+ years of experience in information systems operations environments (eg systems analysis, development etc)
- Advanced knowledge of software development lifecycle
- Well versed in DevOps concepts (CI/CD, Microservices, Chef etc.)
- Formal training in project management practices with solid understanding of project management principles
- Demonstrated ability to coordinate cross-functional work teams toward task completion
- Demonstrated effective leadership and analytical skills
- Advanced written and verbal communication skills
- General PC knowledge including Microsoft Office expert level knowledge of Excel, working Knowledge of Access
- Strong working knowledge of Jira
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or related field
We’re Even More Excited If You Have:
- Experience with scripting languages
- PMP certification
Thrive At BlackLine Because You Are Joining:
- A technology-based company with a sense of adventure and a vision for the future. Every door at BlackLine is open. Just bring your brains, your problem-solving skills, and be part of a winning team at the world's most trusted name in Finance Automation!
- A culture that is kind, open, and accepting. It’s a place where people can embrace what makes them unique, and the mix of cultural backgrounds and varying interests cultivates diverse thought and perspectives.
- A company who believes in providing the best possible service to its clients, and that starts with offering amazing perks to its employees. These perks include 100% coverage for healthcare, vision, and dental, 401(k) matching, ESPP, food, drinks, games, and so much more!
- A culture where BlackLiners’ continued growth and learning is empowered. BlackLine offers a wide variety of professional development seminars and inclusive affinity groups to celebrate and support our diversity.
BlackLine is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity or expression, race, age, religious creed, national origin, physical or mental disability, ancestry, color, marital status, sexual orientation, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, sexual assault or stalking, medical condition, genetic information, or any other protected class or category recognized by applicable equal employment opportunity or other similar laws.