Senior Manager, Variable Compensation - 12658
Woodland Hills, United States
It's fun to work in a company where people truly believe in what they're doing!
At Blackline, we're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business of enterprise applications.
Since being founded in 2001, BlackLine has become a leading provider of cloud software that automates and controls the entire financial close process. Our vision is to modernize the finance and accounting function to enable greater operational effectiveness and agility, and we are committed to delivering innovative solutions and services to empower accounting and finance leaders around the world to achieve Modern Finance.
Work, Play, and Grow at BlackLine!
Make Your Mark:
Roles and Responsibility (list in order of importance)
- Manage the accounting and payroll processing of 500+ employees on variable compensation plans.
- Assume responsibility of all key controls associated with the variable compensation process.
- Possess a robust understanding of the accounting treatment for the costs to acquire a customer under ASC 606.
- Design analytics and reporting to evaluate the efficacy of variable compensation plans and their correlation to the productivity of the sales force.
- Review and validate all new or amended sales compensation plans, including the input of that plan into the sales compensation system to ensure it produces accurate and anticipated results.
- Serve as the primary point person for all questions from internal and external auditors related to variable compensation plans, as well as the related controls and financial statement impact.
- Manage three commission analysts, assuming primary responsibility for the review of their work as well as their professional development.
- Formulate a strong partnership with the Sales Operation and Revenue departments due to core interdependencies of the inputs and outputs of the variable compensation system.
Years of Experience in Related Field: 10+ years of work experience, including at least 5 years as a manager of a variable compensation process at a publicly-traded company.
Education: Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or equivalent
Technical/Specialized Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Advanced analytical and organizational skills
- Proficiency with variable compensation systems (knowledge of Callidus highly preferred)
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written, with the ability to effectively work with executive leadership and cross-functional teams throughout the company
- Able to break down problems into meaningful parts and arrive at well-reasoned conclusions
- Attention to detail and accuracy
- Ability to remain flexible in a fast-paced, high-growth environment