As a Staff Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in the success of our company by contributing to, as well as driving, high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will lead the planning and implemention of test strategy for Blackline’s Cloud journey. You will play the role of architecting innovative technical solutions that drive automation across the entire QE organization.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization.
By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Drive creative and innovative technical concepts to automate workflows from ideation to operational tools that are reusable, maintainable and efficient.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the multi-cloud implementation and migration plan of enterprise SaaS application
- Design and drive execution on the detailed test strategy on the cloud journey
- Identify and assess risks and develop mitigation steps and processes to be put in place for projects, while collaborating on technical designs, dependencies management, and efficacy of valid test data to ensure successful and high-quality deliverables.
- Consult on automation tools/techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Execute Quality Engineering (QE) forensics and detailed root cause analysis of test failures, and performance and scalability issues.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Demonstrable top-quality experience with integration, performance, regression, stress, and acceptance testing with a focus on web applications.
- Provide strong technical leadership to other QE staff as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Author high-quality test plans, test cases, and supporting documentation.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Collaborate with Operations leadership, as well as other stakeholders, to ensure that all technical specifications are clear and follow the established processes and standards.
- Partner with Network, Database, Ops, InfoSec and other teams in evaluating performance issues and solutions