As Manager of Product Design, you will lead, manage, and inspire teams of talented Product Designers working to enhance our high performance, cloud-based, SaaS web application. You will be at the core of what makes us successful: the people and teams who develop our product and build new and key features for our clients. Being at the center of our application allows you to affect change, to own and drive improvements every day, and to imbue those around you with a passion and dedication to excellence.
We’re looking for people who not only have a strong hands-on technical experience and interest, but who want to drive innovation in people management, motivation, and growth. You’ll be working with and mentoring talented individuals and working closely with other teams and departments to ideate, innovate and ultimately deliver the best client integrations and user experiences.
- Manage, train, and mentor 5+ Product Designers
- Evangelize and drive adaptations of design process and lean UX
- Establish and suggest recommendations for key initiatives to leadership and/or product teams
- Provide design leadership and guidance to design team members and project peers
- Effectively plan, communicate and conduct presentations (project milestones, risk mitigation, roadmaps, resource needs, etc.) for senior management and stakeholders while conveying and driving actionable items to the design team
- Define and lead a unifying vision for teams and their projects, processes, workflows, and related areas through motivation, consensus building and leading change
- Own and implement adaptations to teams and strategic organizational processes, workflows, and related areas
- Partner with Product and Engineering representatives in defining project deliverables and presenting innovative solutions
- Plan, manage, and steer the timely delivery of corporate initiatives and high-quality projects
- Review and understand core strengths and weaknesses across team members, and proactively engage, mentor, and define goals in order to capitalize upon strengths or mitigate gaps
- Inspire team, and help team members grow and succeed
- Effectively communicate and resolve personnel issues
- Contribute to design reviews, and hands-on work
- Manage day to day administrative tasks such as time off requests, sick days, etc.
- Work on 75% management and 25% hands-on practice
- Other duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s degree required in Interaction Design, Human Computer Interaction, Media Design or other related discipline or equivalent experience. Master’s degree preferred.
- Recent prior experience as a manager in user experience and/or product design at enterprise SaaS environment, with at least 10 years of industry experience as an interaction, user experience, or a product designer
- 3–5 years of onsite employee supervisory experience
- A strong knowledge of design processes and methodology
- Expert knowledge in building and maintaining a design system
- Exceptional written, verbal, and visual communication and people skills with a passion for product excellence
- Substantial experience in organization, time management and budgeting
- Resilient leadership skills
- Kind, assertive, positive, easy to work with, team player with strong work ethics
- Strong design portfolio to demonstrate above qualifications