Staff Software Engineer, Test- Accounts - 12503
Pleasanton, United States
Woodland Hills, United States
Remote, United States
As a Staff Software Engineer, Test you will play a crucial role in architecting innovative technical solutions that will drive test and automation efficiency, stability, and reliability while also strategizing, developing and implementing a comprehensive performance testing strategy for key product groups at Blackline. You will be driving innovation into our product suite, as well as driving high-quality releases and value-delivery to our customers. In this role, you will lead the planning and implementation of test plan and automation strategy for critical product innovations.
Your attention to detail, tenacity, creative problem-solving and forward thinking will directly impact the company's success, as well as the success of your peers across the organization. By following and evangelizing quality standards, as well as overall SDLC processes as they relate to quality, you will be able to affect meaningful change in the organization and help drive our culture to a quality and customer-first mentality.
- Provide technical expertise and leadership in requirements analysis, design, effort estimation, testing and delivery of highly scalable and secure distributed backend services.
- Maintain a strong sense of business value and return on investment in planning, design, testing and communication.
- Estimate the project scope and timelines, and consistently deliver on those commitments.
- Provide strong end-to-end leadership contribution in the definition and building of automation frameworks and continued push for providing value
- Exhibit strong technical leadership, training and mentorship to other QE Engineers as the QE discipline and team grows, acting as an agent of change for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Implement, refine, and enforce software development techniques to ensure that the delivered features meet software integration, performance, security, and maintainability expectations.
- Maintain high standards of software quality and technical excellence within the team by establishing good practices and writing clean, testable, maintainable, and secure code.
- Inspire a forward-thinking team of developers and testers, acting as an agent of change and evangelist for a quality-first culture within the organization.
- Provide thoughtful leadership on the design, implementation, and success of comprehensive performance tests and associated metrics
- Consult on automation tools/ techniques, feasibility and implementation, process improvements as well as maintenance plans.
- Grow and evolve the testing processes to ensure tests are customer-like and representative of real-world scenarios
- Perform critical maintenance, deployment, and release support activities, including occasional off-hours support.
- 10+ years of hands-on experience in Web Application, SaaS, and RESTful API testing.
- 7 or more years of hands-on test automation development, with experience building a test automation suite from the ground up.
- 7 or more years of hands-on working experience in traditional OOP programming languages, specifically C# (with .NET core and NUnit / XUnit / MSTest).
- Strong working experience with microservices, RESTful APIs, GraphQL and large-scale distributed applications.
- Hands-on experience with various database technologies.
- Deep understanding of both technical and non-technical requirements for enterprise SaaS at scale in the areas of system performance, scalability, latency, reliability, and security.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, and negotiation skills and the ability to work well with engineers, product owners, and development managers, as well as other teams across the organization.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science or related disciplines
- Experience with performance testing tools such as Gatling and ReadyAPI
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes a big plus