Five years ago, BlackLine made a decision. The power and continuous growth of our user community proved that we had to take our annual user conference to the next level. With this vision and our customers in mind, InTheBlack was born.
We built an event unlike any other. By bringing thousands of accounting professionals together in one place, InTheBlack became the physical manifestation of a global community of expertise focused on innovation and collaboration in Accounting.
We showcased brilliant and inspirational speakers like Malcolm Gladwell, Magic Johnson, and Andrew Fastow. We laughed with James Corden and Howie Mandell. We danced to Sheryl Crow, KC and the Sunshine Band, and a radical 80s cover band. We traveled the world, seeing more than 200 customers grace our stage to share their expertise with their peers.
InTheBlack was a special affair.
It became so much more than a few product-training workshops, a special guest speaker, and tips on getting the most out of BlackLine. About so much more than getting the numbers right. So, we’re excited to announce that we’re officially renaming our annual conference.
Instead of just making sure you’re InTheBlack, we want to help you go BeyondTheBlack™.
For the first time, BlackLine’s annual conference will be completely virtual and completely free. This means that it’s even easier to join thousands of accounting professionals, finance executives, BlackLine experts, and thought leaders for a unique experience dedicated to modern accounting.
4 Reasons You Don’t Want to Miss BeyondTheBlack
Almost 50 Hours of Unique Content + CPE/CPD Credits
Each year, our goal is to deliver the knowledge you need to overcome the greatest challenges your teams are facing. And we don’t need to tell you that it’s been a challenging year.
So, we’re bringing you three full days of informative, solution-packed sessions that include three general sessions, twelve workshops, 38 breakout sessions, and a special after-hours event with Trevor Noah. Plus, with more than 50 CPE/CPD-eligible sessions and workshops, you have plenty of opportunities to earn up to 12 free CPE or CPD credits during BeyondTheBlack!
The breakout sessions will include thought leadership and exploration of new BlackLine products and features. We’re also excited about the 15+ customer presenters who will talk about everything from closing virtually with confidence and how to achieve a successful remote audit, to augmenting your intercompany technology ecosystem, with plenty of live Q&A.
A Look Into the Future + An Exclusive Comedy Show
We’ve all been wishing for a crystal ball to see what’s waiting for us in 2021 and beyond. The closest we might get to that in 2020 is this year’s keynote with futurist Mike Walsh.
Mike will be kicking off the first day of BeyondTheBlack on Wednesday, November 17, by sharing his predictions about what kind of world we’ll be living in when this crisis is over.
You’ll also have the chance to see an exclusive “Off The Books” comedy show with Daily Show host Trevor Noah. He’ll be interviewing BlackLine customers to explore the challenges, successes, and hilarity of Accounting in 2020. No stress, no politics, just fun.
Sessions for Every Stage of the Modern Accounting Journey
There’s so much content on the agenda, and we wanted to highlight a few of the many sessions you’ll want to attend. From new users ready to make the move to modern accounting, to BlackLine customers, there’s something for everyone:
- If you’re newer to BlackLine, you’ll want to attend Boosting Employee Morale with Effective Change Management. A BlackLine customer will show you how to nurture talent and avoid frustration during the transformation process.
- If you’re looking for the next step in your journey, attend Overcome Automation Stagnation to Expand Your Use Cases to discover how you can use BlackLine for accruals, order-to-cash, and payroll.
- If you’re already a pro, put Become a Journals Master by Achieving End-to-End Reconciliations on your agenda. During this session, you’ll learn how to further streamline journal entries and reduce workflow bottlenecks.
Optimize Your Solutions with BlackLine U Workshops
Every year at BeyondTheBlack, some of our most popular sessions are our BlackLine U workshops. They’re designed to bring you the most up-to-date information so you can get the most out of your BlackLine solutions.
This year, you can dive deep into topics including:
- Gaining Efficiencies with Auto-Certification: Explore how Auto-Certification works at the global and account levels while learning best practices to fully utilize Auto-Certification Rules
- Accelerate Your Use of Account Reconciliations with Templates: Learn which templates you should choose so you can have better visibility, reliability, and efficiency with your reconciliations
- Match & Reconcile Millions of Transactions in Minutes: Discover how to create a Transaction Matching proof of concept and experience what the solution can do for you
Register now for complimentary access to all the inspiring keynotes, educational sessions and workshops, and unique experiences as we take you BeyondTheBlack.