LOS ANGELES – June 12, 2014 – Representatives from global hospitality industry giant MGM Resorts International and financial close software leader BlackLine Systems will present together next week at the 2014 AICPA (American Institute of Certified Public Accountants) Hospitality Industry Conference in Las Vegas.
With more and more hospitality industry brands expanding globally, it is increasingly critical that proper controls are in place surrounding the account reconciliation and financial close processes. BlackLine Systems Solutions Consultant Jarred Rutherford will lead a session on Friday, June 20th, entitled “The Road to Reconciliation: Best Practices for Achieving Balance Sheet Integrity in the Hospitality Industry.” Rick Arpin, Senior Vice President and Corporate Controller at BlackLine client company MGM Resorts International, will discuss the benefits of BlackLine and return on investment (ROI) that can be achieved by using technology to automate traditionally manual accounting functions, such as account reconciliations.
Attendees will learn how to:
• Implement technology to automate the entire financial close process, increasing control and visibility across the board
• Ensure timely, accurate and documented communications between all departments (accounting, finance, compliance, auditing, etc.)
• Realize exceptional ROI in a very short time-frame
• Improve the accuracy and timeliness of compliance reporting
• Define responsibility and process ownership
• Manage compliance while servicing multiple locations
As the hospitality industry continues to rebound, accounting professionals are faced with significant new challenges that require sharper skills, up-to-date knowledge and expanded capabilities to handle the myriad of today’s complex issues. This brand new global AICPA conference is designed to provide critical insights and guidance on the latest techniques and technology, international regulations, tax updates, Wall Street changes, franchising issues, marketing and more of interest to hospitality industry professionals.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.