Amgen Joins BlackLine Systems, SAP for Webinar on Automating Account Reconciliations
Director of corporate accounting from biotechnology pioneer to discuss ease of integration with SAP® solutions, benefits realized since using BlackLine, plus best practices for optimizing account recs
LOS ANGELES, June 19, 2013 /PRNewswire/—Biotechnology industry pioneer Amgen (NASDAQ: AMGN), is teaming up with financial software provider BlackLine Systems and enterprise application software leader SAP AG (NYSE: SAP) for a webinar next week entitled “No Account Left Behind! Learn How Amgen Uses Solutions from BlackLine and SAP to Help Keep Its Account Reconciliations in Good Shape.”
The webinar, geared at finance, accounting, audit and compliance managers in mid- to large size organizations will focus on how finance and/or compliance executives can further ensure the integrity of their balance sheets – and ultimately financial reports – by implementing software, such as BlackLine’s SaaS-based Account Reconciliation solution, to automate the traditionally manual, labor-intensive and spreadsheet-driven account reconciliation process. Carlos Gonzalez, CPA, director of corporate accounting at Amgen, will present a case study on the ease of integration with SAP® solutions and key benefits the public biotech company has seen since using BlackLine.
The session is designed to inform customers, whether operating in an environment of only SAP solutions or applications from multiple vendors, how account reconciliation process optimization can help them achieve a quicker and more accurate financial close process. Gonzalez will highlight how Amgen uses solutions from BlackLine alongside SAP software to review and rate the quality of each reconciliation in order to better ensure the accuracy of the company’s financials.
What: “No Account Left Behind! Learn How Amgen Uses Solutions from BlackLine and SAP to Help Keep Its Account Reconciliations in Good Shape”
When: Wednesday, June 26th, 2013, 10 a.m. PDT / 1 p.m. EDT
- Stefan Karl, chief solution expert, Finance Solutions, SAP AG
- Susan Parcells, CPA, director, Finance Transformation, BlackLine Systems
- Carlos Gonzalez, CPA, director, Corporate Accounting, Amgen
Attendees will learn best practices for optimizing the account reconciliation process, including how to:
- Implement technology to gain visibility into and control over the status, progress, exceptions and risk points around the financial close
- Help ensure all accounts are being reconciled (including new accounts) and that the correct, most updated balances are being reconciled, all the time
- Review and rate each reconciliation on the quality and accuracy of its resulting balance
- Use standardized templates to help improve the quality and consistency of reconciliations
- Create automated workflow so tasks are assigned, prepared and reviewed by the right people at the right time
- Query real-time dashboards and reports to gain insight into specific reconciliations
- Use an online document repository for easy access to all supporting documents associated with reconciliations
- Import data directly from SAP solutions via a customized BlackLine Connector
To register, please go here.
BlackLine is an SAP software solution and technology partner in the SAP PartnerEdge®program. The company is also a participant in SAP Store, the online e-commerce channel or “e-channel” for enterprise solutions and services from SAP and its partners designed to provide SAP customers with information on relevant, complementary technology solutions that are certified by SAP (such as the BlackLine solution).
BlackLine was named a 2011 SAP Pinnacle award finalist in the “Software Solution Newcomer of the Year” category. SAP Pinnacle awards are presented annually to the “best and brightest” of the SAP partner ecosystem, recognizing partners that have excelled in developing and growing their partnership with SAP and driving customer success.