PwC to Present with BlackLine at Annual Shared Services & Outsourcing Week in Amsterdam
SESSION TO FOCUS ON THE BENEFITS, ROI THAT CAN BE ACHIEVED THROUGH THE AUTOMATION OF ACCOUNTING PROCESSES FOR SHARED SERVICES CENTERS
LOS ANGELES – May 9, 2012 – Representatives from financial software provider BlackLine Systems along with consulting and implementation partner PwC Advisory will be speaking at the 12th Annual European Shared Services and Outsourcing Week conference next week in Amsterdam.
Smart, efficient close to report cycles create a foundation for evaluating performance, supporting business decisions and satisfying external reporting requirements. Until recently, accounting/finance departments have had to rely on spreadsheet-driven processes that often contain hidden errors, resulting in costly mistakes.
With the number of companies moving to a shared services environment and/or outsourced finance function (often overseas) expected to increase, it is increasingly critical that proper controls are in place. Accuracy, visibility and timeliness of the account reconciliation and financial close processes, as well as the need for real-time access to information with clear, streamlined communications between all parties involved, is more important than ever before.
At this year’s European Shared Services Week conference, BlackLine Director of Corporate Communications Kimberly Uberti will moderate a session entitled “The Road to Reconciliation: Achieving Balance Sheet Integrity.” The BlackLine presentation will focus on how automating traditionally manual accounting processes, such as account reconciliations, can virtually eliminate spreadsheets – and the errors/headaches that come with them – and ultimately help companies “achieve balance sheet integrity.”
The following panelists will share their insight on how companies operating in an outsourced or shared services environment can communicate better, improve efficiencies, increase productivity and reduce bottom line costs by implementing an automated account reconciliation and financial close system:
Attendees will leave the session with knowledge of how they can:
The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON), which puts on several conferences throughout the year, is the largest and most established community of shared services and outsourcing professionals in the world. To learn more, contact Howard Goldstein at email@example.com.
- Michael Gilmartin, BlackLine solutions consultant and former BlackLine System Administrator, IMS Health
- Pieter Geyer, senior advisor, PwC Advisory
- Implement technology to automate the entire financial close process, increasing control and visibility across the board
- Ensure timely, accurate and documented communications between all departments (accounting, finance, compliance, auditing, etc.)
- Realize exceptional ROI in a very short timeframe
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of compliance reporting
- Define responsibility and process ownership
- Manage compliance while servicing multiple locations