Cox Communications, Outsource Partners Int’l, UHY Advisors To Present with BlackLine At Annual Shared Services & Outsourcing Week in Orlando
WITH OUTSOURCING ON THE RISE, SESSION TO FOCUS ON OUTSOURCING THE AUTOMATION OF ACCOUNTING PROCESSES FOR SHARED SERVICES CENTERS
Calabasas, Calif. – Feb. 23, 2011 – Representatives from financial software provider BlackLine Systems along with client Cox Communications, client/partner Outsource Partners International (OPI) and partner UHY Advisors will be speaking at the 15th Annual Shared Services & Outsourcing Week™ scheduled for Tuesday, March 1, to Thursday, March 3, 2011, in Orlando.
Smart, efficient close to report cycles create a foundation for evaluating performance, supporting business decisions and satisfying external reporting requirements. Until now, accounting/finance departments have had to rely on spreadsheet-driven processes that often contain hidden errors, resulting in costly mistakes.
With the number of companies moving to an outsourced finance function and/or shared services environment expected to increase in 2011 and beyond, it is increasingly critical that proper controls are in place. Accuracy, visibility and timeliness of the account reconciliation and financial close processes, as well as the need for real-time access to information with clear, streamlined communications between all parties involved, is more important than ever before.
At this year’s Shared Services Week conference, BlackLine Solutions Consultant Michael Redard, CPA, will lead a presentation entitled “Closing With Confidence: Ensuring an Accurate, Timely Financial Close in an Outsourced or Shared Services Environment.” The BlackLine session will focus on how outsourcing the automation of traditionally manual accounting processes, such as account reconciliations, can virtually eliminate spreadsheets – and the errors/headaches that come with them.
The following panelists will share their insight on how companies operating in an outsourced or shared services environment can communicate better, improve efficiencies, increase productivity and reduce bottom line costs by implementing an automated account reconciliation and financial close system:
Attendees will leave the session with knowledge on how they can:
The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON), which puts on several conferences throughout the year, is the largest and most established community of shared services and outsourcing professionals in the world.
- Tammie Coley, Executive Director, Enterprise Accounting & Financial Systems, Cox Communications
- Glen Baker, CIO, OPI
- Frank Fenello, Managing Director, UHY Advisors
- Therese Tucker, CEO, BlackLine Systems
- Implement technology to automate the entire financial close process, increasing control and visibility across the board
- Select the right outsourcing partner to help automate accounting processes
- Ensure timely, accurate and documented communications between all departments (accounting, finance, compliance, auditing, etc.)
- Realize exceptional return-on-investment (ROI) in a very short timeframe
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of compliance reporting
- Define responsibility and process ownership
- Manage compliance while servicing multiple locations