BlackLine Systems To Lead Session at 10th Annual Shared Services for Finance & Accounting Summit in Chicago
ACCOUNTING EXEC FROM BLACKLINE CLIENT WRIGLEY TO DISCUSS HOW LARGE ORGANIZATIONS CAN USE FINANCIAL CLOSE SOFTWARE TO AUTOMATE PROCESSES, ACHIEVE ROI IN A SHARED SERVICES ENVIRONMENT
Calabasas, Calif. – July 9, 2010 – Representatives from financial software provider BlackLine Systems will be speaking at the 10th Annual Shared Services for Finance and Accounting Summit (SSFA 2010), set to take place Wednesday, July 14, to Friday, July 16, 2010, in Chicago.
Due to strict financial regulations and the challenging global economic climate, companies must do more with the same or fewer resources. Until now, financial departments have had to rely on spreadsheet-driven processes that may contain hidden errors, resulting in costly mistakes.
In an effort to offer accounting and finance executives guidance on optimizing the financial close and ensuring accurate, compliant and timely financial reporting, BlackLine VP of Global Sales Dominick DiPaolo, CPA, will lead a session at SSFA 2010 entitled “How Technology Can Provide Confidence in the Financial Close.”
Mark Nelson, director of global accounting, at BlackLine client company Wm. Wrigley Jr. (Wrigley), a subsidiary of the $30 billion Mars Corp., will take it a step further and discuss how global companies operating in a shared services environment can communicate better, improve efficiencies, increase productivity and reduce bottom line costs by implementing an automated account reconciliation and financial close system.
Attendees will leave the session with insight into how they can:
- Implement technology to automate the entire financial close process, increasing control and visibility across the board
- Ensure timely, accurate and documented communications between all departments (accounting, finance, compliance, auditing, etc.)
- Realize exceptional return-on-investment (ROI) in a very short timeframe
- Eliminate error-prone spreadsheets due to manual processes
- Improve the accuracy and timeliness of compliance reporting
- Define responsibility and process ownership
- Manage compliance while servicing multiple locations
The Shared Services & Outsourcing Network (SSON), which puts on several conferences throughout the year, is the largest and most established community of shared services and outsourcing professionals in the world. The SSFA 2010 Summit brings together leading financial shared services experts to network, benchmark and learn through keynote presentations, interactive roundtables, case studies and discussion panels.